Tuesday night gaming?
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6
Posted by rhone1

Tuesday night is always a good time.  There are games being played in the lobby's of local hotels.  Very laid back.  Our group uisually brings a few games, sets up at a free table and people just walk up and ask if there's room.  Wednesday is also fantastic.

Posted by sockarang kittypaws

kittypaws wrote:
sockarang wrote:
loon wrote:
So Tuesday really is the new Wednesday :)
Tuesday WAS the new Wednesday. Monday is actually the new Wednesday now. 
So your telling me that Sunday is the new Monday that was the new Tuesday that was the new Wednesday!
Actually its starting to get to the point where Saturday is the new Tuesday lol.

I personally always choose to show up at least a day earlier then the start of any festivities. So my first time I showed up Wednesday, quickly realizing there were things to do on Wednesday. 

So I shifted and the next couple of years I showed up Tuesday. It got to the point that Tuesday started getting so busy that we then started coming Monday, and now Monday is starting to get that way. If I had the money, we would come in on Saturday like some others we know do lol. 

Posted by thewildferret

This is great, my friend and I will be arriving Tuesday afternoon this year so would love to get some precon gaming in. I'm down to play pretty much anything. :) Dibs on a couple spots if you are running something dranthor ;)

Posted by thewildferret dranthor

dranthor wrote:
I've been running things for 20 years through multiple systems. Give me an idea of what you would like ran and I'll work something up.  I don't do magic or other card games but I do board games also and could bring one or two of them if interested in board games.  Fantasy, furure, modern RPGs   I can do.  I typically don't run D&D 5th edition. I
m not really a fan of it. I can run pathfinder/starfinder, star wars, star trek, space opera, spacemaster/harp scifi modern d20 system, top secret, hero champions, earth dawn, rolemaster/harp fantasy, pathfinder, dragon age, fantasy age.  I think that is a good number of choices let me know what you like and I'll work it up.   If it is another system you are interested let me know that also and I'll let you know if I'm comfortable in running it. 
If anyone else is interested in running then we could have 2 different games tuesday night.
You run any RIFTs (Palladium or Savage Worlds) or for fun TMNT?

Posted by dranthor

I'ver never run RIFTS actually never even played rifts.  I know that is sad.  Not sure what TMNT is.  I'd think it would be better for me and easier to plan something if I ran a system I know a little better. I'll look into my rifts stuff and see if I'd be comfortable running it.  I'll get back to yo on the rift by feb 1

as far as time starting, I'd be good probably any time after about 2 pm. I plan to drive and splt the days by doing some sight seeing along the way this year. figure  to drive about 5 hours on tuesday and then check in.

dranthor wrote:
I'ver never run RIFTS actually never even played rifts.  I know that is sad.  Not sure what TMNT is.  I'd think it would be better for me and easier to plan something if I ran a system I know a little better. I'll look into my rifts stuff and see if I'd be comfortable running it.  I'll get back to yo on the rift by feb 1
as far as time starting, I'd be good probably any time after about 2 pm. I plan to drive and splt the days by doing some sight seeing along the way this year. figure  to drive about 5 hours on tuesday and then check in.

TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles another one by Palladium back in the day ;) And cool appreciate you offering :) I'm doing the same, driving up and splitting it into two days to sightsee and make it fairly leisurely.

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
2 sounds like a good time for sure. I’m good to play as late as anyone wants. I was just going to leave it up to you to run something you really like to run since you are doing you are doing us a favor. I have never played RIFTS either but always been intrigued. But again thank you and I’m down to play whatever. 

Posted by pshep999 sockarang

sockarang wrote:
kittypaws wrote:
sockarang wrote:
loon wrote:
So Tuesday really is the new Wednesday :)
Tuesday WAS the new Wednesday. Monday is actually the new Wednesday now. 
So your telling me that Sunday is the new Monday that was the new Tuesday that was the new Wednesday!
Actually its starting to get to the point where Saturday is the new Tuesday lol.I personally always choose to show up at least a day earlier then the start of any festivities. So my first time I showed up Wednesday, quickly realizing there were things to do on Wednesday. 
So I shifted and the next couple of years I showed up Tuesday. It got to the point that Tuesday started getting so busy that we then started coming Monday, and now Monday is starting to get that way. If I had the money, we would come in on Saturday like some others we know do lol. 
Man, looks like next year I will have to schedule myself to be there Monday morning instead of Tuesday! 

Posted by repto andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
Wednesday always feels special as the excitement is at its highest. Everyone is so happy to be there. Nobody is tired yet, hopefully. Some of my best experiences of Gen Con have come on Wednesday.

YES! Ditto. Wednesday is full of antici... ("say it, say it!")... pation.

We typically try to get to GenCon on Tuesday afternoon and have lots of fun playing pick up games with other gamers in the lobbies of the various hotels just off the Convention Center. There are always people playing, so don't be afraid to ask around to see if you can join in.

We've come down to Indy 2x on Monday, but honestly, there just wasn't that much to do and the hotel rooms are so pricey during the Con that it just seemed smarter to save our $$ for Tuesday-Sunday.

Posted by rhone1

Showing up Monday night is the best for our group.  We get checked in, get a nice meal, no real crowds, asleep early.  Tuesday is busy taking in the sights, last minute game prep and pick up games.  Wednesday is (imo) one of the best days while at Gen Con.  We game at the RAM/Scotty's (R.I.P), play through the Indy escape room in the evening and usually eat at Ruth's Chris.  

Posted by eingellis

I'm Checking in Tuesday as well, but I'm flying in from New England so I won't have my own car.  I'm outside downtown (only by about 2 miles), but I could Uber somewhere if something is going to happen!  I'll be solo until Thursday when my brother-in-law is coming, and this is my first GenCon so I'd love some tips as to what to do Tuesday night. 

Should I just wander into hotel lobbies?

Posted by roundtop

The lobbies you will want to go through are the JW Marriott and the Hilton.  The JW's second floor sees tons of open gaming

Posted by dranthor

I'm staying at JW and plan to run something tuesday evening. More to come closer to Gen CON

dranthor wrote:
I'm staying at JW and plan to run something tuesday evening. More to come closer to Gen CON

Looking forward to it. Should be checking in Tuesday afternoon so should be free, both myself and my friend :) How'd you score JW rooms? I'm staying in an apartment away from the action but last year I was a couple streets over and coveting the closeness of those hotels ;)

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
Sounds good. You sent me a list of games you had run before and were familiar with. Someone had mentioned Rifts and TMNT. I would be interested in Rolemaster as well. A buddy of mine has been telling me about it recently and it sounds like an awesome system. But essentially I would be down for anything. So now that my Tuesaday evening is booked, I just need to find an early slot Tuesday to get some gaming in! I should be in town by 9.

Posted by rhone1

Yes, wander the lobbies, you'll have no problem finding games to play.  In addition to the hotels mentioned above you should also check out the Marriott and Hyatt.  I'm planning on bringing a few board games this year (Tyrants of the Underdark, something Fantasy Flight Arkham related and possibly Descent).

Posted by pshep999

Looks like I am arriving Monday morning now instead of Tuesday. More gaming! Anyone running something at any point, any place on Monday, and need players, let me know.

Posted by rhone1

I'm thinking about bringing Gloomhaven and maybe making a day (or more?) of it.  Anyone potentially interested in playing this Monday or Tuesday?

Posted by thewildferret

Gloomhaven is a lot of fun... I might be interested and same with my companion, depending on other gaming going on ;)

Posted by buffythecatslayer rhone1

rhone1 wrote:I'm thinking about bringing Gloomhaven and maybe making a day (or more?) of it.  Anyone potentially interested in playing this Monday or Tuesday?

You must be local, or at least driving.  That game will use up your entire baggage allowance. :-)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6