Transferring a Badge
Posted by njseahawksfan

I've been selected to demo for a company, and as part of the volunteering, they will be getting me a badge.  I would like to transfer the badge I purchased over to my son (who is already friends/family linked with my account).  How does one go about this, and should I do this in advance of getting my second badge?

Posted by mikeboozer

Hello,
Badges are non-transferable. The solution is to refund your badge, and purchase one for your son.
I would wait until you have the badge the company is getting you assigned to you before you refund your badge.
This will ensure that you have a badge on your account for purchasing Event tickets.
When you are ready you can email us at [email protected] to process your refund. We will just need the name on the badge to be refunded and your Gen Con account number.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by njseahawksfan

Thanks for the quick repsonse, Mike!  As soon as I get my new badge, I'll request a refund for my other badge.  I assume that my refund will be as "GenCon Credit", yes?

Posted by mikeboozer

Only the amount of System Credit that you used to buy the badge. The credit card that you used will be credited otherwise.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by njseahawksfan

Thanks again!

Posted by njseahawksfan

Just wanted to say a big Thank You.  You guys processed my refund in minutes!   Great job!

Posted by averageram

Following up on this thread.  I'm now unable to come to the event but my friend is.  Is there a way to transfer my badge to him?  I can't seem to find a way on the site.

Cheers!

Posted by marimaccadmin

As noted above, badges are not transferrable.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jimbatka

I've read this thread, however, I wasn't certain whether your blanket statement also covered this specific circumstance:

I bought a VIG badge with companion badge in 2020. I discovered that my planned 2020 companion can't attend, so I wish to bring someone else.

Do I go through the same process (cancel the companion badge and buy a new one) to "transfer" the companion badge to my new companion or is it handled differently?

Posted by roderick

Drop a line to Customer service and they should be able to sort it out for you. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Way to necro a thread. :-)

Posted by roderick

I hadn't even noticed. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.