Never received badge
Posted by twowolves80

Never received badge number 289990. You had the wrong shipping address on my profile for a separate badge I had ordered to a separate address, and probably sent it to the wrong person who is an ex as a result, and I want my badge!!!! This is GenCon Inc's error, not mine. No confirmation/shipping email was ever received, nor was any badge.

I have yet to find a working customer service line (a huge negative) and you don't respond to emails, so here is a public post:

GenCon failed to deliver per the contract one four day badge to me.

I can be reached at [email protected].

Posted by austicke

Did you check the tracking number here?

If the delivery was returned to Gen Con, you can pick it up at Will Call.

Posted by twowolves80

it was wrongly combine by GenCon into one package and thereby shipped to the wrong address. I shouldn't have to pick it up at will call. It should have been sent to the correct address from go.

Posted by austicke

Wrongly, huh?

Good luck getting it straightened out. :)

Posted by twowolves80

Yeah, all part of that "great" customer service.

Stand in line next to whining children for an hour to get a badge that should have been shipped to the correct address in the first place.

Thanks. Great memories for the 50th on top of everything else.

Posted by braewe

You do know you can't separate things that are ship to me? So I can't order and pay for my daughter(who lives in St Louis) and have it shipped there, and order and pay for a friend in California, and have it shipped there, and then have mine shipped to me. They all get shipped together.

Will call, on the other hand, is all separate.

This isn't sounding like gen con's fault.

That said, I have whined about this inability to separate things for YEARS. I /should/ be able to have them shipped separately, if I want to pay the extra $10 for each address!

Posted by mundane

Did you check with the person at the other address to see if they got your badge along with theirs?

Posted by aaronmlopez twowolves80

twowolves80 wrote:
Never received badge number 289990. You had the wrong shipping address on my profile for a separate badge I had ordered to a separate address, and probably sent it to the wrong person who is an ex as a result, and I want my badge!!!! This is GenCon Inc's error, not mine. No confirmation/shipping email was ever received, nor was any badge.
I have yet to find a working customer service line (a huge negative) and you don't respond to emails, so here is a public post:
GenCon failed to deliver per the contract one four day badge to me.
I can be reached at [email protected].

You do know that Gen Con doesn't enter addresses on your shipping profile... you do. So Gen Con didn't enter the wrong shipping address... you did. You cannot have two shipping addresses. The packets were also shipped with a "signature required" on them so somebody had to sign for them if the delivery was made. If nobody was home, they left a note on the door about future attempts at delivery before being returned to sender. If you didn't get a shipping confirmation email, did you ever check your spam folder? Did you ever check your packets from the link on the top of the page? I fail to see where Gen Con made any mistakes.

As others have stated... If your badge delivery was attempted, but nobody was home to sign for it, then it would have been returned to Gen Con and will be available at Will Call. The lines move VERY quickly, and timed right, you may not have a wait at all... My advice, if you are worried about being in a line with "whining children" for an hour to get a badge that you had sent to the wrong address.. then you may reconsider even going at all as there will be even longer lines EVERYWHERE you go the entire weekend.

Good luck.

Posted by twowolves80

First of all, I had the correct address entered when I ordered my badge. I then (weeks later) ordered a separate badge and specified it be sent to a different location. I did not change my shipping address.

GenCon did. When I looked at my profile, suddenly, I was no longer a resident of Wisconsin. 

Tl;dr: I input the correct information for my badge, ordered a separate one weeks after I ordered mine, and it therefore should have come separate.

Now, as to your amateurish attempt to bait me.

First of all, I have BPD--I don't do well in social situations in which I am stuck for long periods of time surrounded by a lot of noise and crowds. Now go ahead and tell me I should reconsider going because of that...

Yes, I've been to GenCon before and realize what it means. Here's the thing--out on the concourse, I can retreat and get away from crowds no problem. Hard to do that in line while little baby sonofabitch screams for an hour because his diaper needs to be changed and his mother doesn't want to lose her place in line.

Had GenCon not changed the shipping address for my badge, I wouldn't have to endure standing in line at all. The correct information was entered both times weeks apart. There is zero reason they should have went to the same address, and zero logical reason why GenCon insists upon shipping everything to the same address when most people who attend attend with friends living in separate cities. If they try to say it's to save money on shipping I call bs. I work in retail and know that it costs them pennies on the dollar. Woo. They may save a whole $1000. And then take in several million over this weekend.

i guess next time I'm going to insist upon overnight and pay the shipping myself.

EDIT: Apparently, I can't post in here anymore--being critical of GenCon brings out the thought police, clearly. let's see if I can edit a response in.

Updated information: I canceled the pass that was supposed to go to my ex well before July 2nd, and I have the emails to prove it, and they still sent her a pass (meaning my refund was not issued and I'm out extra money), and they sent them to her after her pass was canceled. Their screwups got compounded from one error to the next.

Tell me again how it was my fault.

GenCon's customer service is a ****ing joke.

Edit 2: Still getting 500 errors every time I post. What a shock. Can't post anywhere without getting a 500 error. What, I hit a nerve or something? Too bad. I have the emails to prove you stole $100 from me by failing to cancel my ex's badge after you were duly noticed per your own cancellation policies. You can block me all you want from posting, but you can't get rid of evidence that you defrauded me $100.

Posted by kiyote

I'm guessing they're just stressing because it's getting so close.  Yeah, standing in the will call line isn't great, but it does move fast...and you can do it late at night after you've had a great time out on the town so there won't be any whiny kids to listen to...just other drunk adults.  :D

It's okay to be angry and frustrated, but given the timing at this point it seems like it would be more productive to focus on ensuring your badge and tickets are available then trying to move the juggernaut that is the Gen Con staffing gearing up for the convention....

Posted by braewe twowolves80

But they DON'T ship to separate locations. Since you purchased yours first with your address then presumably purchased the second AND CHANGED THE ADDRESS that would be why they both went to the second address. System working as intended. 

I'm sorry you have a disorder. I'm sorry you don't like that they are shipped together. I don't either. I generally buy badges for my family plus friends and its part of why we are Will call this year. 

But they are not and never are separated. For next year if you want them separate buy on different accounts. Since will call isn't a solution for you. Note: when I say separate accounts I DO NOT mean the friended thing. Those will still all be shipped together.

Posted by twowolves80

Emails prove they were supposed to cancel a badge, and failed to do so on time, which is why they went to the wrong address instead of the correct one.

That, children, is what you call F-R-A-U-D.

Posted by kiyote twowolves80

twowolves80 wrote:

Edit 2: Still getting 500 errors every time I post. What a shock. Can't post anywhere without getting a 500 error. What, I hit a nerve or something? Too bad. I have the emails to prove you stole $100 from me by failing to cancel my ex's badge after you were duly noticed per your own cancellation policies. You can block me all you want from posting, but you can't get rid of evidence that you defrauded me $100.

Isn't this a sign that you're still able to post?  I get that you're angry, but I think insinuating that they're modifying the site to block you is going a little far.

To others reading this thread:  Do we know if the customer service lines are still open, or are they packing up to head to the con?  (I think that's next week, right?)   If so, can we get him a number to call?  It sounds like this is something that could be corrected in to, at least, a will call pick for them, no?

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Most people I might want to offer some help and feel some sympathy for their plight.  The original poster's incredibly hostile attitude, however, opens up a decidedly more negative attitude of joyous schadenfreude.

Posted by thepumaman lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
Most people I might want to offer some help and feel some sympathy for their plight.  The original poster's incredibly hostile attitude, however, opens up a decidedly more negative attitude of joyous schadenfreude.
Well, we could try for "Death by Nested Reply Pyramid"...  That's always fun!

Posted by twowolves80

Oh, now I can post, huh? No more 500 errors? Been sitting here trying to post for ten minutes. I have the emails from my ex to GenCon showing she requested a cancellation on May 4th, well before the July 2nd deadline. That means her badge should have been removed and refunded. It does not mean that both badges should have been issued and sent to her address instead of mine like they should have. No, what happened was this. They got a second badge order weeks later on my account, which had the correct address, and me trying to send her hers changed it in a backdoor fashion, they ignored the cancellation request email in violation of their own policies, and then proceeded to send it to the wrong address anyway.

Doesn't matter at this point,.

I'll probably go for a day, get bored because I'm down there by myself and the people I was supposed to go with all had things come up (mostly they're too lazy to get a job to go). I'll hit the Chessex stand, walk around, and probably go home.

Then you won't have to worry about suffering "joyous schaadenfraude." Really wish I knew who you were irl so I could purposely avoid you. I wouldn't accept your help, anyway, so don't get too self-righteous/self-important; you are more than free to move along and not post at all, but since you wanted to stick your two cents in, you get to deal with a response. Don't like mine? Don't respond next time, jack.

Had I known they were going to pull that crap, I would have never bought my ticket in the first place. Nothing like going to GenCon solo. Let the good times roll.

Posted by thejoltess twowolves80

twowolves80 wrote:First of all, I have BPD--I don't do well in social situations in which I am stuck for long periods of time surrounded by a lot of noise and crowds. Now go ahead and tell me I should reconsider going because of that...
Yes, I've been to GenCon before and realize what it means. Here's the thing--out on the concourse, I can retreat and get away from crowds no problem. Hard to do that in line while little baby sonofabitch screams for an hour because his diaper needs to be changed and his mother doesn't want to lose her place in line.

Uhm, why are you being incredibly detailed and hostile about the Will Call and parents in it? All you had to do was say you didn't want to be in Will call and leave it at that. The fact that you are actively complaining about strangers and their children makes it really off putting and there really was no reason for it. No body likes being in long lines and nobody likes crying children, but we just deal with it without being incredibly rude about it.

Posted by loon thepumaman

thepumaman wrote:
mstabosz wrote:
No, it's not!

Posted by thepumaman loon

loon wrote:
thepumaman wrote:
mstabosz wrote:
No, it's not!
It's, alive...  IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!  XD

Posted by aaronmlopez twowolves80

twowolves80 wrote:
First of all, I had the correct address entered when I ordered my badge. I then (weeks later) ordered a separate badge and specified it be sent to a different location. I did not change my shipping address.
GenCon did. When I looked at my profile, suddenly, I was no longer a resident of Wisconsin. 
Tl;dr: I input the correct information for my badge, ordered a separate one weeks after I ordered mine, and it therefore should have come separate.

I think there may be a bit of a misunderstanding here... When you ordered your badge first... you entered a shipping address. Then you ordered a separate badge for person B and entered another address. 

If I got this correct, then you inadvertently changed your shipping address. The shipping addresses are per account, not per order. A shipping label for your badge WAS NOT generated at the time you placed your order. It was not generated until the badges started shipping, and it would have been generated with the shipping address entered on the account profile (in your case, the address you entered when you purchased the second badge). There is only one space per account for a shipping address, not two so you cannot have badges/tickets shipped to two separate addresses. The Gen Con system has never worked that way. 

How did the address on your profile get changed? If you didn't change it, then someone with your account info did as they would have had to log in to change your shipping info prior to your badge being mailed out. Gen Con does not have access to your account, they can only help you change the password to your account.  

Sign in to write a new post. New Post