EO/GM Email: Reminder: GM Badges & Special Requests (HQ, Power, etc.)
Posted by derekguder

GM Badges

Remember: GM badges are not automatic. If you are hoping to receive GM badges for yourself and/or your individual GMs, you need to follow the process outlined in the Event Host Policy, on the Host page, and in several previous GM emails:

1. Complete the GM badge allocation request form
  2. Gen Con will create the allocation and let you know when that is complete
  3. You can then assign GM badges just like any other badge type - and make sure to use the email address your GMs have in their account, or their badge may not be properly linked with the account they are using

If you have any questions about this process or are running into any issues, please let us know, but if you are wondering where your GM badges are, make sure you have submitted that initial request.

Please complete the request form ASAP to ensure we have time to create the allocation early enough for you to assign the badges to your GMs in time for Sunday. You will not want to wait until Friday or Saturday to complete this.

Special Requests (HQs, Power, etc.) Due Sunday

As another reminder, all special request are due on Sunday, May 28 as well. This includes requests for:

• HQ tables
  • Power
  • Special table sizes
  • Special table arrangements or room layouts
  • Anything non-standard that wasn't both limited to one event and obviously accounted for in a drop-down menu on the event submission for that event.

If you need any of these, you must fill out the special request form by Sunday. If you do not ask for it, it will not be there for you when you arrive onsite at the convention.

Posted by outofhabit

I filled out a special request form when my event was made official a week or so ago. How do I know if it was received and if it will be approved?

Posted by derekguder

You received a confirmation when you submitted the form. You are, however, only running one event and the request is limited to that single event, so you just need to note it in the special requests for it. I have updated your event appropriately.

Once we lock down the location for your event, you can follow up at that point to verify, but it shouldn't be difficult to accommodate - that's usually the kind of I think I try to do by default anyway.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by bearscards

Is there an updated form available yet for this year 2018 for the GM badge allocation request form? 

Posted by derekguder

Yes - all the forms were updated months ago and are available on the Host page.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by richardtalbotuk

When will game locations be finally decided?  Cheers

Posted by derekguder

Soon.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by richardtalbotuk

When will game locations be decided? 

Posted by roundtop

Many games have been updated in the last few days for locations.

According to my spreadsheet from the Gencon XLS file, there are currently 4228 events without locations specified yet. This is about 25% of the total events (Compared to May 18th with 7223 events without locations, over 43%).

Nearly the entire change of 3000 events is assigned to locations in the ICC.  So check your events, it may have been specified in the last few days.

Posted by mark.mcdonagh

I've been looking for the GM Badge Request Form, I can't find it where the GenCon Event Host Policy says. Where is this?

Posted by roderick

Is this what you're looking for? Gen Con GM Badge Allocation Request Form - 2018

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by derekguder

As a general reminder, all links, files, forms, and many instructions a GM or event organizer might need are on the Host page.

Just click on "Host" itself at the top of page and check there if you are trying to find something. Chances are that'll get you where you need to go.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by chickpea

If I need to change the name on a GM badge what is the best way to get that done? Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

Badge names can't be changed - they need to be canceled and refunded so you can assign a GM badge to the person who will be attending.

Email the details to [email protected] ASAP so we can try to do that before GM badges are printed. After they are printed, that may need to be handled onsite at GM HQ.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by chickpea

Thanks!

Posted by danniereeley

New link for Badge Reimbursement up? I checked the host page and it's still the 2017 form. 

Posted by jareds113

Echoing the question of danniereeley, the links on https://www.gencon.com/host/eo-gm for the GM Badge Reimbursement Request Form go to the 2017 form.

thanks!

jared

Posted by derekguder

We'll update that as soon as we have a chance to.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jareds113

Thanks Derek! If the GM Badge Reimbursement Request Form is active already, can you post the link here?

If not, I'll keep checking back.

Posted by derekguder

I believe it's updated now. Let us know if you have any other issues.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Sign in to write a new post. New Post