Gen Con Event Messaging System?
Posted by coyote

I had a question for the GM of a specific game about the platforms we are using for their scenario. I used the e-mail provided on that game's info page under "E-Mail Address for More Information." I e-mailed and received a response from someone who said he wasn't the GM, but a event organizer, and that he was was very busy and that I'm supposed to use the Gen Con Event Messaging System to contact GMs.

I don't see the Gen Con Event Messaging System listed under the "Connect" heading and Googling it takes me to pages about how I can host games at Gen Con.

Could a helpful person address this, please?  

Posted by narzat

You can message your GM from the event page of the event you have a ticket for.  It’s one of the optiontabs at the top.

Posted by marimaccadmin

This is for GMs, but this link might help you"

https://www.gencon.com/host/events-how-eo

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

I sent messages to a lot of players using the individual link on the ticket page.  Does that send a notification to the players email account?  I don't imagine a lot of them are checking GenCon.com this time of year.

Posted by narzat nascragman

nascragman wrote:
I sent messages to a lot of players using the individual link on the ticket page.  Does that send a notification to the players email account?  I don't imagine a lot of them are checking GenCon.com this time of year.

yep, per the link that Marian provided above: 

• The EO, GM and Ticket Holders will receive an email when messages are added using this interface.

Posted by nascragman

Thanks, I should have checked that.  D'oh

Posted by narzat

Hah, sorry, didn't intend to be snarky, just wanted it to be clear that it was authoritative info even though I'm just some random con attendee :)

Posted by newarts

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.