High Demand games for 2019
Posted by triad1

Just curious when these will get posted for this year?

Posted by funny-shaped dice triad1

triad1 wrote:

If memory serves, they usually get posted *after* Gen Con - sometime in September or so after Derek (I think it is Derek that does this - apologies if I'm wrong) and team have crunched the numbers.  I don't know that Derek produces any "Current Unmet Demand" analytics for the current year.

Posted by triad1 funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
triad1 wrote:

If memory serves, they usually get posted *after* Gen Con - sometime in September or so after Derek (I think it is Derek that does this - apologies if I'm wrong) and team have crunched the numbers.  I don't know that Derek produces any "Current Unmet Demand" analytics for the current year.
It’s possible that it’s done after Gen Con.  I can’t quite remember.  That doesn’t make sense though, since the time stamp for last year’s post says month of May.

I’m pretty sure it’s done before Gen Con also since the information gathered is off of “Wishlist” demand.   It wouldn’t be as effective after Gen Con, since it would be more helpful to GMs know which games might be more likely to sell out this year if submitting events late this year. 

Posted by funny-shaped dice triad1

triad1 wrote:
funny-shaped dice wrote:
triad1 wrote:

If memory serves, they usually get posted *after* Gen Con - sometime in September or so after Derek...and team have crunched the numbers.

That doesn’t make sense though, since the time stamp for last year’s post says month of May.I’m pretty sure it’s done before Gen Con also since the information gathered is off of “Wishlist” demand.

Yep, you're right. I'm thinking of a different dataset.

Posted by derekguder triad1

triad1 wrote:

When we have a chance to compile it, honestly.

Most likely, some time after Origins.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event and Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.