GM Badge Pick-up
Posted by kirklandsigs

What time frame can we pick up the GM badge on Wednesday? How about Thursday?

Also, where do I specify the name of another person who is able to pick up the badges for our group - do I email [email protected]?

Posted by derekguder

GM HQ will be open 5-8 pm on Wednesday to pick stuff up and it opens at 7 am on Thursday.

If you have any questions or need to change who is authorized to pick up your badges, you'll want to email [email protected], yes.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kirklandsigs

Great, thank you. I emailed the names.

Posted by hplustcraft

If we chose to get our badges and tickets shipped to us rather than picking them up at Will Call, will all of our GM stuff (badge, etc) be in there? Or will we still need to go to the GM HQ? 

L-

Posted by marimaccadmin hplustcraft

hplustcraft wrote:
If we chose to get our badges and tickets shipped to us rather than picking them up at Will Call, will all of our GM stuff (badge, etc) be in there? Or will we still need to go to the GM HQ? 
L-

GM Badges are ALWAYS at GM HQ, and always picked up by the group's primary point of contact. They are never shipped. Any event tickets you have would be picked up at Will Call, or would have been shipped to you, should you have chosen that option.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by coz

I won't be getting my GM badge until after the GM HQ closes on Wednesday due to a pre-con meeting with my group. I already have an attendee badge I'll want to get refunded, the email I got said I had to bring the badge to GM HQ by Thursday...is that by the end of the day Thursday or do I need to ask the people I'm running games for for my GM badge earlier so I can get over there on Wednesday night?

The email said I won't get a refund until after GenCon, which is unfortunate, but understandable, was hoping to have $100 more to spend, how long after are we talking here, like next week or like next month?

Posted by derekguder

Earlier on Thursday is better, but technically as long as you turn it in before we close, that's fine.

And we'll refund the badge as soon as we have a chance, but that usually isn't until we're back in the office, so 1-2 weeks after the show. In the future, if you have your gaming group or company assign your badge before the end of pre-reg, we can simply refund your attendee badge before anything is printed and you won't need to worry about turning anything in or waiting for a refund.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by [email protected]

Do you have to pick up your GM badges before 10 on Thursday or can we still get them a little later? both myself and my partner are coming from over 3 hrs away and we were not sure if we would make it before 10.

Posted by derekguder

You can pick up your badges whenever you arrive at the convention (as long as GM HQ is open). There's no set time you need to pick them up before, generally.

You do need a valid badge to attend the convention, but if your travel and convention plans are too tight to pick up your GM badges on Thursday before we close, you can just email us and we'll get you sorted out.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by 65petro

I am trying to understand the timing of GM badges.  I have not yet purchased badges for my gaming group, but have submitted our events and a GM Badge request.  My group will qualify for 3 GM badges, but we have more that we will have to purchase.  Should I only purchase for the additional members or should I purchase for all members and get 3 reimbursed.  I am sorry, I keep rereading and want to make sure I do this right!

Posted by derekguder

It's up to you. We won't assign GM badges until events are Active, which usually happens in April, so if you need any badges before then (for housing, for example), you'll want to just buy attendee badges now and ask for reimbursement later.

If you don't need badges early, you can just purchase what you know you will eventually need and get your GM badges later.

It's up to you, and really depends on what you might need badges for before you get your GM badges allocated to you.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.