Forgot everything
Posted by primordial fire

I just landed in Indy and realized I forgot everything at home. Badges, tickets, etc. Do I have any options to get in still? Is there any way I can pay to get everything reprinted? 

Posted by aegoce

It's still early enough if you have anybody that can ship the stuff to your hotel and they get it out Monday during the day it would arrive Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how much you're willing to spend on shipping. 

Looks like usps next day air is $22.50 for the envelope size Gen Con tends to send out badges in and maybe another $3.05 for signature verification so you have a name of somebody at the hotel that received it..

Posted by primordial fire

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I live alone and nobody has the key to my place, so I’m pretty screwed if there’s no option. 

Posted by cmegus primordial fire

primordial fire wrote:
Thanks for that. Unfortunately I live alone and nobody has the key to my place, so I’m pretty screwed if there’s no option. 

Unfortunately, per the official FAQ, those items cannot be replaced for any reason and you would have to buy new ones.. and they are already out of 4 day and Sat badges..

You can try customer service and beg, but I wouldn’t hold my breath...

Lost Badges & Event Tickets
We cannot replace lost, stolen, or forgotten badges and/or event tickets. Please be responsible with your convention materials. Lost, stolen, or forgotten items must be repurchased at full cost. It is recommended you check with the Gen Con Show Office in room 112 of the convention center to see if your materials have been turned in to Lost & Found. Gen Con LLC assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or forgotten materials.
If your shipment is confirmed to be lost during shipment by the USPS we will replace your convention materials at no cost to you. Please note that we can not replace items that the USPS shows as being delivered.

Contact Info
If you have any inquiries regarding our Refund, Exchange or Cancellation Policies, please call our office at 800-529-3976 x3806 or email us at [email protected]. Customer Service hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (Pacific), 12:30 pm – 8:00 pm (Eastern). All refund or exchange requests must be received in writing (email, fax, or mail). See information above for details on how to request a refund.
During the convention, all inquiries can be made at the Customer Service kiosks onsite.
Gen Con’s mailing address is:
120 Lakeside Avenue, #100
Seattle, WA 98122

Posted by brooks

If you have anyone you trust back at home...

1. Get to a home improvement store and make a few copies of your house key.
  2. Overnight the key(s) to that person.
  3. Have them overnight your badge and materials to your hotel as aegoce described above.

Theoretically you have all of your materials by Wednesday.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Mike or Derek stated in another post that even if they’re sold out of badges, someone that already had a badge and lost it could purchase a replacement.  As for event tickets, you’ll have to repurchase them or use generics if the event is full.  If you explain to the GM that you’re the “no show” due to your lost tickets, you’ll get seated.

Posted by squirecam buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Mike or Derek stated in another post that even if they’re sold out of badges, someone that already had a badge and lost it could purchase a replacement.  As for event tickets, you’ll have to repurchase them or use generics if the event is full.  If you explain to the GM that you’re the “no show” due to your lost tickets, you’ll get seated.
This is correct. You can buy everything again and wont get shut out of the con, at least.

https://www.gencon.com/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/12755-lost-badge-with-attendence-sellout

Posted by primordial fire squirecam

squirecam wrote:
buffythecatslayer wrote:
This is correct. You can buy everything again and wont get shut out of the con, at least.https://www.gencon.com/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/12755-lost-badge-with-attendence-sellout
Great! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have no problem buying everything again if it means I can still attend! 

Posted by mikeboozer primordial fire

primordial fire wrote:
squirecam wrote:
buffythecatslayer wrote:
This is correct. You can buy everything again and wont get shut out of the con, at least.https://www.gencon.com/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/12755-lost-badge-with-attendence-sellout
Great! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have no problem buying everything again if it means I can still attend! 

Yes, you can repurchase everything at the Customer Service kiosk. You do not need to worry about the sold out badge as you are already down for us in the badge count number!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.