Post Office lost my badge & tickets
Posted by halcyon8705

So, the Post Office has lost my package "in transit" and have told me to file a claim (check) and I figured I should send am email to Gencon asap telling them the sitch (check)... Anyone have any idea how long I'll have to wait for contact back from Gencon Supoort about this?  How long it will take for the Post Office to mark the pacjage as lost & reimburse Gencon?

Anyone have any exp or suggestions re: situations like this?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Email customer service ASAP. They should respond fairly quickly.

You should get a claim from the USPS, but they don’t reimburse anything to Gen Con. The packets aren’t insured, and have no intrinsic value.

Posted by halcyon8705 buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Email customer service ASAP. They should respond fairly quickly.
You should get a claim from the USPS, but they don’t reimburse anything to Gen Con. The packets aren’t insured, and have no intrinsic value.

Thanks for the reply

I sent an email to [email protected] on the afternoon of July 14th.  Am beginning to get nervous about the lack of response...

As for the reimbursment, that was my 1st thought as well, but under the shipping info on the USPS Website the package is listed as "Priority Mail" which requires a sig for delivery and is insured up to $100.00.  Seems weird to choose the insured mail option for an item that can't be insured, but it's possible there's factors I'm not accounting for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, Priority Mail is insured by default, and maybe Gen Con makes a claim, but when you think about what's in the envelope, it's just paper & a laminated badge.  However, they may get the claim to reimburse themselves for the time & trouble. :-)

Posted by halcyon8705

I enjoy frivilous pursuits that don't affect me as much as the next guy, but this thread is definitely more about how long I should wait before freaking out about not getting a response back from Gencon / also making sure

[email protected]

was the right place to send my issue, what with time till convention running short.

Posted by brooks

You can also call them:You may call us at our Seattle offices at 206-957-3976 or toll-free at 800-529-3976, and dial x3806 for Customer Service. Or you may email us at [email protected]. Customer Service hours are Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-5:00 pm (Pacific).

Posted by halcyon8705

That is hella helpful; thanks!

Posted by brooks

You're very welcome; best of luck sorting it out. 

I enjoy frivilous pursuits that don't affect me as much as the next guy, but this thread is definitely more about how long I should wait before freaking out about not getting a response back from Gencon ...

I simply assumed you'd escalate with them if you didn't hear back quickly.  As others have said, it's time to call them.

Posted by halcyon8705 buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
I enjoy frivilous pursuits that don't affect me as much as the next guy, but this thread is definitely more about how long I should wait before freaking out about not getting a response back from Gencon ...

I simply assumed you'd escalate with them if you didn't hear back quickly.  As others have said, it's time to call them.

Sorry, my tone must have come off more cauatic than the (intended) whimsical.  Had looked for a CS # but wasn't able to find one prior to the post by Brooks.

Posted by garhkal

This is why i always do will call!  Have heard way, too many stories, about the post office losing stuff..

Posted by mikeboozer halcyon8705

halcyon8705 wrote:
dkrantz152 wrote:

Sorry, my tone must have come off more cauatic than the (intended) whimsical.  Had looked for a CS # but wasn't able to find one prior to the post by Brooks.

You should have been contacted by now.
If not or just for peoples information. Here is our mailing policy in full.

All returned packets are taken to the show and can be picked up at the Will Call or Customer Service kiosk onsite.

All packets marked as "Lost" "Out for Delivery" "Returned" (But not in our hands) when the show starts will be reprinted on site at the Customer Service kiosk onsite for free.

If a packet is marked as "Delivered", then you can also get it reprinted at the Customer Service kiosk onsite but you must pay the full price for it.

Probably missed something but I'm sure one of you will point that out to me...I'm swamped as you can probably guess!

MiKe BoOZeR
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by halcyon8705

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.  I was able to contact customer service thanks to the number provided by Brooks yesterday.  I spoke with... umm, Tony I think?  Anyway, he was able to straighten it out.  I also received an email from customer service last night which repeated that I can get my badge and tickets printed at the customer service kiosk on Wednesday.

Posted by ranger_1968

I am in the same boat, unfortunately.  My packet has been "In transit to the next facility" as reported by USPS tracking since June 26th :(

I contacted Gencon customer service and was informed that my badge/tickets can be re-issued if the package is still "in transit" by show time.

I submitted a missing mail search with USPS but have not received any updates on that and don't have any hope that they will find it.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.