"Mask Break Tables Area?"
( Locked)
Posted by quarex

Nobody seems to be talking about this feature of the convention center (it is in Hall K if you want to see it yourself).  My group is debating whether this is a designated eating area, or something else?

Posted by cinnibar

It's meant to be a place to eat for extended period without a mask on between bites.  I believe setting up games there will be discouraged.

Posted by hahnarama

I'm curious why would you set up a mask free zone INSIDE the exhibit hall? 

Posted by fethbone

I also noticed there was mention of “mask break tables” OUTSIDE as well. 

To me this implies that masks are expected outside too, or at least expected “if crowded” (whatever their official definition of that may be). Does this mean that the block party/beer garden/food truck area is indeed a badge-required area? Never did find out the answer to this from an actual Gencon source. 

Posted by squirecam fethbone

fethbone wrote:
To me this implies that masks are expected outside too, or at least expected “if crowded” (whatever their official definition of that may be). Does this mean that the block party/beer garden/food truck area is indeed a badge-required area? Never did find out the answer to this from an actual Gencon source. 
I dont see how you can make a public sidewalk a badge required area. Nor would the food trucks like that idea...

Posted by samlamiam hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:

My guess is that it is so people can take a break from masks inside the exhibit hall. 

Posted by fethbone squirecam

squirecam wrote:
fethbone wrote:
I dont see how you can make a public sidewalk a badge required area. Nor would the food trucks like that idea...
I asked whether the beer garden needed a badge for entry several months ago and people appeared to be split 50/50 whether they thought yes or no but I never received an official answer from an actual Gencon representative. 

it was always my impression that the food truck area and walkthrough of that part of Georgia st was public, so I am wondering why they are setting up “mask  break” areas if masks are optional in public spaces.

Posted by hahnarama

Georgia Street is open to everyone, as of right now there are no outdoor mask mandates here in Indy

GAME ON! 

Posted by kevinrg fethbone

I am wondering why they are setting up “mask  break” areas if masks are optional in public spaces.

Would assume contingency planning.   Outdoor mask mandates pop up, they are covered with an area.   No mask mandates, probably just an area that wasn't going to be used for anything anyways so, no harm.

With restaurants, they would just say the space in front of the restaurant is for eating, no masks.  With food trucks.. no so easy.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I asked whether the beer garden needed a badge for entry several months ago and people appeared to be split 50/50 whether they thought yes or no

IIRC, the Beer Garden required a badge for entry the last time I was there (maybe 2018?).  The rest of Georgia street was open to the public.

Posted by donaldbain hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Georgia Street is open to everyone, as of right now there are no outdoor mask mandates here in Indy
GAME ON! 

"mask-wearing will be required in all indoor and crowded outdoor Gen Con spaces for all attendees. "

Posted by raptorov

There is also a sold out maskless Colts game this weekend

Posted by squirecam donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
GAME ON! 
"mask-wearing will be required in all indoor and crowded outdoor Gen Con spaces for all attendees. "
I understand the sentiment but crowded outdoor space cant be the food truck area. 

Posted by mikeboozer

There is no Mask requirement for Georgia Street 

Mike

Posted by hahnarama donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
GAME ON! 

I'm all for wearing the mask but this make me LMAO!  Imagine you are the Gen Con volunteer assigned to policing Georgia Street. Are you going to walk up to someone who works in downtown Indy and decides to go to the food truck for lunch or grab a beer after 5 PM? "excuse me Sir you need to wear a mask" 

No way that could enforce a mask mandate on Georgia Street 

Editors Note: I started typing this 50 minutes ago, I just saw Admins note

GAME ON

Posted by grud hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Have you ever been to Gen Con?  Do you know they sell food from numerous places INSIDE the Convention Center, to include the various gaming areas?  Are you going to buy food, stand around holding it until it gets cold, and then throw it away? o_O

Posted by fethbone raptorov

raptorov wrote:
why do people on multiple threads keep referring to the game on the 19th as “sold out”? There are plenty of direct sales tickets left.

actually thought about going, but I’ll be partied out by then. I attended a baseball game last month with attendance of 32k+, mask optional. No drama, felt fine, everyone had a good time. 

Posted by hahnarama

Good Morning CENSORED, 

Why yes I have been to Gen Con before, as a matter of fact this will be my 29th straight in a row GC. Thanks for asking

I must admit I have never  been dumb enough or desperate enough to buy any of the "crap" that they sell from inside the ICC. I guess people who do partake of said nutrients really are not too concerned about their health in the first place :) 

It  just seems odd that if you are trying to protect your revenue stream by asking them to be vaccinated, and requiring them to wear a mask indoors that you would have an opening, by design,  aka  chink in the chain mail. 

GAME ON! 

6 days!!!

Posted by raptorov fethbone

fethbone wrote:
raptorov wrote:
why do people on multiple threads keep referring to the game on the 19th as “sold out”? There are plenty of direct sales tickets left.actually thought about going, but I’ll be partied out by then. I attended a baseball game last month with attendance of 32k+, mask optional. No drama, felt fine, everyone had a good time. 
It came from WTHR. I am not from Indy but always loved the city, probably because of GenCon. So I check WTHR, Fox59 and IndyStar as much as I can.

Posted by aaronmlopez fethbone

fethbone wrote:
raptorov wrote:
why do people on multiple threads keep referring to the game on the 19th as “sold out”? There are plenty of direct sales tickets left.actually thought about going, but I’ll be partied out by then. I attended a baseball game last month with attendance of 32k+, mask optional. No drama, felt fine, everyone had a good time. 

A lot of times games are listed as "sold out" when all of the tickets for the game are sold by the originating ticket provider. Third parties (such as the stadium box office, ticket-master, etc) purchase the tickets wholesale from the original provider and then resell them to the public. Of course, the ticket originator is going to say the tickets are "sold out" because they have distributed all available tickets to third parties. I am not sure about Lucas Oil Stadium, but some of the stadiums where I am from are like that. Perhaps this is why they are saying its sold out? 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.