Can DMs require face masks?
( Locked)
1 3
1 3
Posted by sweendog elvinlord

elvinlord wrote:
In light of the changes in require mask usage what is the stance of gencon with indiviual gms requiring mask?  If I show up to a game and the gms tells me I have to leave unless I wear a mask what are my recourses?  
You could always be polite and put on a mask, or simply say no thank you, and go find another game to play.

Or, you could be a dick.  

Those are your choices.

Posted by elvinlord sweendog

sweendog wrote:
elvinlord wrote:
In light of the changes in require mask usage what is the stance of gencon with indiviual gms requiring mask?  If I show up to a game and the gms tells me I have to leave unless I wear a mask what are my recourses?  
You could always be polite and put on a mask, or simply say no thank you, and go find another game to play.Or, you could be a dick.  
Those are your choices.
Or the person that's attending a con with optional mask usage could understand they will be around people not wearing mask, bring there own n95 mask, sit down and have fun gaming and not be a dick. 

Posted by elvinlord vulcanspock

mollymolly wrote:
elvinlord wrote:

It sure does not sound like a great time for anyone involved if people are being forced to drop out of games due to mask choice.  

Except that this hasn't actually happened -- you made up the question and are now acting like your hypothetical is happening all the time.I'm planning to show my vaccine info, get a wristband, and show up to games without a mask.  I am not expecting a problem.  I'm not sure why you are.
It does not take a psychic to foresee issues arising, just look at the responses in this thread.  I have yet to see someone state I plan on wearing a mask and not expect the other gamers to wear also.  It is always well you can just wear a mask or leave.  This response will be more common if Gencon backs the people complaining about being uncomfortable around maskless people.  

Posted by monkeyknifefight sweendog

sweendog wrote:
elvinlord wrote:
You could always be polite and put on a mask, or simply say no thank you, and go find another game to play.Or, you could be a dick.  
Those are your choices.
I threw out all my masks a month ago because I got vaccinated. I'm not going to buy more just in case a gm at a mask optional convention doesn't want to get vaccinated and wants everyone to wear a mask. With the smaller amount of events this year leaving to find another event is even more of a hassle than normal. 

Posted by kevinrg monkeyknifefight

monkeyknifefight wrote:
=inheritI'm not going to buy more just in case a gm at a mask optional convention doesn't want to get vaccinated and wants everyone to wear a mask. 

I'd wager that if there is a GM wanting mask at the table that the odds would be more that they have had the vaccine already.

Haven't thrown mine out yet just because of hospitals/doctor visits.

Posted by elvinlord

I am guessing Gencon will have masks available for those that want them, free or other wise.

Posted by egotrip115 elvinlord

elvinlord wrote:
sweendog wrote:
elvinlord wrote:
Those are your choices.
Or the person that's attending a con with optional mask usage could understand they will be around people not wearing mask, bring there own n95 mask, sit down and have fun gaming and not be a dick. 

Hmm, yes. The person that is refusing to be slightly inconvenienced to protect the physical and mental wellbeing of other people is NOT the dick in this situation.

Posted by monkeyknifefight egotrip115

egotrip115 wrote:
elvinlord wrote:
sweendog wrote:
elvinlord wrote:
Those are your choices.

Hmm, yes. The person that is refusing to be slightly inconvenienced to protect the physical and mental wellbeing of other people is NOT the dick in this situation.
If the GM doesn't want to get vaccinated and force everyone else to wear a mask.  Or is so mentally distraught they cannot trust that vaccines are highly effective, they are the one that is being a dick and should have negative consequences. Not those who are simply following the rules of the convention. 

Besides your statement is highly ablelist. Masks aren't just a slight inconvenience to the hearing impaired.

Posted by donaldbain monkeyknifefight

Misread, Nvm

Posted by roderick

I warned you that I'd lock the thread if things didn't settle down. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3