Did the VIGs get picked yet or waiting TBD?
Posted by sketchsong

As the title said, I was wondering if the VIG lottery was picked yet or if they were waiting to see in what form Gen Con would take place?  I sent my email advising of interest first chance I could once the VIG lottery opened and then the inevitable wait to see if I was lucky enough to have been chosen (not lucky enough yet in past years). I got the email confirmation that it was received but I remember we were advised we would not receive an email notifying unless we were chosen. As I have yet to receive such an email I was curious if it was just yet another unlucky year of if they were waiting on drawing/choosing because of the uncertainty.

Posted by mikeboozer

They have been selected, but not informed...I'm getting to it!

Mike

Posted by pisad1

[This post has been removed]

Posted by cmegus mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
They have been selected, but not informed...I'm getting to it!
Mike

Did we get to it yet? :)

G

Posted by mikeboozer

We did not. We will get to it this week...sometime.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer

Update here. 

This is still in the works, but I'm going to delay it a week or two.

Thanks for your patience, as soon as were ready the invites for new VIG's will go out!

Mike

Posted by noone mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:You might need to explain it to the Facebook group.  They’re posting it’s going down this week.  I would post it but I’m not a member of the group and just go there and look every once in a while
Update here. 
Thanks for your patience, as soon as were ready the invites for new VIG's will go out!
Mike

Posted by sketchsong mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Update here. 
Mike

No worries I understand that this year definitely has more moving parts to keep track of and things to figure out first. Take your time to make sure you make the best choices for the con. (Of course one of the best choices for the con is to obviously invite me to become a new VIG because of that valued patience ;) ).  But seriously no problem we get it.

Posted by chelledg

Just curious...about how many spots were open for this year vs. how many applicants?

Posted by mikeboozer

We don't generally share those numbers but the applicants are in the 100's and the positions are in the 10's.

Mike 

Posted by notavailableeither mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
We don't generally share those numbers but the applicants are in the 100's and the positions are in the 10's.
Mike 
thanks for the info 

are these numbers standard or are they low compared to the usual requests/availability?

Posted by keeler

Wow, the ratios that could be 10s to 100s are quite wide, but I appreciate the knowledge that it's not ratios that are in the 10s to 1000s. ;)

​​​​

Posted by traveller

So the thing to understand is that there are between 600-800 (i can't find the post that had the actual number leaked).  Of that number about 10% become available every year due to attrition.  

Posted by mikeboozer

Yeah, I broke down and posted that a year or so ago. It's pretty accurate. The program is in big demand and there are a very limited number of spots to give out each year.

Mike

Posted by notavailableeither

Now that the update convention dates have been announced, can you tell us when the lucky few new VIGs will get their notices?

Thanks!

Posted by mikeboozer

Yup, when I get a chance to breathe!

Posted by mikeboozer

New VIG invitations went out today...

Posted by notavailableeither mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:New VIG invitations went out today...

Thanks for letting us know 

I guess I missed out again-no email received 

if someone declines the invitation (or doesn’t respond), does someone else get invited or is it just an open space for the next year?

Posted by stahlnee notavailableeither

notavailableeither wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:New VIG invitations went out today...

Thanks for letting us know I guess I missed out again-no email received 
if someone declines the invitation (or doesn’t respond), does someone else get invited or is it just an open space for the next year?
Your in great company. Only the handful of folks get VIGs where the majority of us enjoy gaming without it!

Posted by gib_rebeg mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
New VIG invitations went out today...

Although I wasn't selected. Seeing this is still great news.

Means things are still progressing, though bit slowly to holding an in person con.

Any hint when we can start seeing reg badges, event submission and hotels?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.