First post for 2021!!!
( Locked)
Posted by crusader77

Just noticed they changed over to 2021 forums and nobody posted yet. So I decided to break it open. Very much looking forward to an in person and hopefully back to somewhat normal Gen Con this year!!!

Posted by wallace063

It would be nice, but seems unlikely.

Posted by jhs

Happy new year, all!

Posted by urielblue

Hoping for a safe 2022 Con. Sure, I'd love to attend 2021, but we aren't there yet. Stay safe, my fellow nerds, see ya on Zoom/Twitch/Roll20/Etc...

Posted by lore seeker

Here's hoping for a safe, in-person Gen Con 2021.

Posted by vexedwaffle

I realize it's still early. But has there been to any rumblings of the state of the con for this year? 

Posted by lore seeker vexedwaffle

vexedwaffle wrote:
I realize it's still early. But has there been to any rumblings of the state of the con for this year? 

Well, they delayed badge registration and event submission back in mid-December. No developments since then, as far as I know.

Posted by matthias9

You should probably read the "Holiday 2020 Message and 2021 Update" linked off the Gen Con front page, if you haven't already.

The key two-sentence excerpt is:
"Our goal for the new year is to hold Gen Con 2021 as planned, in person in Indianapolis from August 5-8. We’re working towards that objective with health and safety as our top priority. "

But, as they also say there, "a variety of factors need to come together for a physical convention to be feasible", so it is probably too early to say.

Posted by vexedwaffle

Thanks for the info! 

Posted by lore seeker

For whatever it's worth, Origins just announced they plan to hold their event in-person, just later in the year (Sept. 30 - Oct. 3).

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Stay safe, my fellow nerds

Hey, who are you calling a nerd, geek.

We are the nerds, geeks, the unwashed gaming masses.  And we will have our Gen Con, in this life or the next. :-)

Posted by lore seeker buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Stay safe, my fellow nerds

Hey, who are you calling a nerd, geek.We are the nerds, geeks, the unwashed gaming masses.  And we will have our Gen Con, in this life or the next. :-)

Well, not so much "unwashed" anymore (I hope).

Posted by hahnarama vexedwaffle

vexedwaffle wrote:

Hey as the admins would say let's not speculate and keep the discussion relevant. :)

Now for role playing sake let's say you ran a Con normally held in Mid June. Maybe you just announced that that the new dates are the  end of September and now requires

Requiring Face Masks
Social Distancing
Temperature Checks
Hand Sanitizing Stations

Maybe that would be a sign of things to come. 

Posted by mikeboozer

Hello all, 

Thanks for posting, but lets not start any particular conversations under this "First Post" topic.

crusader77 gets the prize for the first test!

Please start all other conversations under the appropriate topic header.

Mike

Posted by crusader77

Woohoo! What's my prize ;p

Posted by mikeboozer crusader77

crusader77 wrote:
Woohoo! What's my prize ;p

"A Laurel and Hardy handshake"

Mike

Posted by crusader77

I'll take it!!!

Posted by garhkal

I'm just wondering, How the heck can someone game face to face, while Masked AND being at least 6ft away from one another? Can folks even HEAR you??

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? garhkal

garhkal wrote:
I'm just wondering, How the heck can someone game face to face, while Masked AND being at least 6ft away from one another? Can folks even HEAR you??

My inner tech nerd immediately started thinking about Bluetooth headsets and a shared voice channel between the players.

Then my inner comedian suggested Semaphore, because the idea of playing an RPG one letter at a time by waving flags at each other is hilarious

Posted by mikeboozer

Locking. Crusader77 is the first post winner officially...and we have digressed from that on this topic...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.