And so it draws to a close...
Posted by llenlleawg

For those of us in Europe, the sun has set and Gen Con is more or less over and done for this year. :( It was a great time, and I would like to thank everyone who made it possible, as well as all of the wonderful people I met. After all the anxiety of a few months ago, I think we can all agree that Gen Con did us a real solid with the Online version of 2020.

Next year in Indy!

Posted by cmegus

I agree! I did not expect it to be as much fun as going live in Indy, but I was dead wrong. TTS and Roll20 held up great for me and I am actually as sad now as I was years past leaving Indy.

I can say I came out of this weekend MUCH cheaper than previous years, so you game sellers and Indy hotels and restaurants better be ready for me and others with plenty of money to spend :) cause I still miss the people interactions.

Some games had people who never came to Gen Con and this bodes well for the future. I’ll bet we get 100,000 people next year for sure.

That vaccine better damn work...

G

Posted by dautzen64

I signed up but never had free time to do anything, except for a True Dungeon adventure through Zoom.

But the GC online ticket was free, so I don’t consider it money lost, just opportunity.

Ideally 2021 gets to be in person! 

Posted by urielblue dautzen64

davester1964 wrote:
I signed up but never had free time to do anything, except for a True Dungeon adventure through Zoom.
But the GC online ticket was free, so I don’t consider it money lost, just opportunity.
Whoa! Didn't know that they were doing that Glad you got to play. 

Posted by urielblue

I played all new systems (To me), getting in 3 games of Zweihander (Bught the PDF and Hardback is in the mail!), The Yellow King, Max Apocalypse (Late-Backed the KS), and a fun 36 person Zoom Zombie game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Also, though i own Shadow of the Demon Lord, i finally got to play it! Finally, a Powerd By the Apocalypse game where we played psychic sea creatres on an alien world, and I got to be a mantis shrimp (I kept them for a decade, probably 30 of them over the years, in up to 14 aquariums at once).  8 games intotal, which I don't think I've done at Gencon in a long time. 

Posted by llenlleawg

While I made sure to get my D&D fix (the Baldman Games introduction to the upcoming Icewind Dale adventure), I also played a lot of new games, many in develpment: Night Cage, Rescuing Robin Hood, Tales from the Red Dragon Inn, Cretaceous: A Dinosaur Hunting Adventure, On the Origin of Species, and Cosmic Frogs. In addition to that, I watched (and chatted in!) the Kobold Press seminar on making monsters.

Above all, I enjoyed spending time with my fellow gamers and met some great people!

Posted by dautzen64 urielblue

urielblue wrote:
davester1964 wrote:
Whoa! Didn't know that they were doing that Glad you got to play. 
Thanks! It worked pretty well. There is another planned for November.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.