So...How'd You Do?
Posted by alans

I had to refresh and re-submit, so #1656 a few minutes after Noon.  I got quite a few events, but several were my "Number - 2s."  All in all, I'm happy with it.  I will go back and check later to see if anyone dropped any of the ones I really hoped to get in to.
You?

Posted by llenlleawg

I got everything I wanted! (I was #780-something.)

Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

I also got everything I selected.  I was #617.  This year was clearly much, much easier to get items on your wish list.  My friend also got everything he wanted - he was #577.  

Frankly, I'm a little surprised.  With free badges and remote participation, I would have expected a massive participation, even internationally.  

Posted by del_grande yog-sothoth in jersey

yog-sothoth in jersey wrote:
I also got everything I selected.  I was #617.  This year was clearly much, much easier to get items on your wish list.  My friend also got everything he wanted - he was #577.  
Frankly, I'm a little surprised.  With free badges and remote participation, I would have expected a massive participation, even internationally.  

I was around #1600 - serves me right for waiting until around 12:05 - but I also got every event, although it was all seminars (and the one I was worried about, as it had only 50 openings, didn't even get 1/3 filled on the first day).

I can think of two main reasons for events not filling as fast as they do for in-person GenCons:
One, event registration started on a Monday, rather than a Sunday like it normally does.
Two, fewer people think they can handle the hoops you need to jump through to play in an event online. For example, a lot of the boardgames require owning Tabletop Simulator, which in turn involves (a) owning Steam and (b) paying for the Tabletop Simulator app.

Posted by selene314 del_grande

del_grande wrote:Two, fewer people think they can handle the hoops you need to jump through to play in an event online. For example, a lot of the boardgames require owning Tabletop Simulator, which in turn involves (a) owning Steam and (b) paying for the Tabletop Simulator app.

I've noticed in the eventdb change log that a lot of people are returning Bosk tickets. Which might just be the most noticeable because it's first in the alphabet, but... Bosk moved to Tabletop Simulator after the event list originally had it located on free platforms.

Posted by urielblue

Other than the Rolemaster events that I sgned up for cancelling last night, Im pretty happy. Not A single D&D5E game (I play, but wanted other things for this Gencon).). As RM isn't in the mix, I am only signed up for things that I've never played before, so this should be fun.

Posted by tpbwiz

I registered for Wizard Cards Tournament Thursday, 7:00 PM EDT

I am VERY surprised that so few people have registered to date.  It cost $2 to register and they are maxing out the registrations at 50 people-- meaning $100 maximum being paid in.  But they are paying out prize money of $200 for first, $100 for second and $50 for third so they are LOSING MONEY on this deal.  If this low number of registrations continues, even though I am not a good player I think I will have a decent chance of getting at least my $2 back.  

Am I missing something here???  Seems like a great risk/reward equation on this.  I look forward to spending my winnings on more games.

Posted by qwaserity

I"m spending most of my Gen Con running events (someone's got to support their favorite companies). I've picked up everything else I wanted to do except for the Vampire Card Game and Pathfinder Card game intro.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.