Gate 10 parking - event or direct with G10?
Posted by buffythecatslayer

In past years Gate 10 parking was available as a Misfit Event ticket.  Last year, we booked directly with them.  Will it be the same this year, or are they going to go back to being available as an event?

Guess I should have looked it up.  Seems like it will be available in early May from G10 at their website.

Let's hope they don't have a debacle this year where the site messes up and they mail everyone using cc: instead of bcc: :-)

Posted by galvatron42

We are thinking of trying Gate 10 this year since we plan to stay at Embassy Suites and have heard bad things about their parking garage. What happened with Gate 10 last year?

Posted by elvinlord

From what I remember they commit a minor mass email  fopaux.  The biggest problem they have is blocking people in with the only way out being a drop over a curb.  Lower clearance vehicles sometimes have issues with that.  That's only a issue if you end up in certain lots and only certain spots.

Posted by galvatron42

Do they run shuttles to the Downtown hotels, or just the convention center? We are hoping to stay at Embassy Suites. Thank you.

Posted by elvinlord

Only to the front of the convention center.  They were supposed to do hotels also but that never happened.  They do have different pick up points depending on which parking lot you are at.

Posted by ar6474 galvatron42

galvatron42 wrote:
Do they run shuttles to the Downtown hotels, or just the convention center? We are hoping to stay at Embassy Suites. Thank you.
They do run a shuttle about every 15-20 minutes 24 hours during the Con. The last few years we have gotten a card from the driver to reach out if it was really late and hadn't seen a shuttle and they send one quickly. They have always been accomodating and when asked we have had no problem with them stoppoing at the Hotels Downtown that are on their loop.

Posted by indynat

I have free parking from work within a 15 min walk and we also used Gate 10.  It gave us some flexibility with our group to bring two cars down and I felt much safer at night.  We went over the ditch because we didn't see it.  No damage.  I never felt like we waited long for a shuttle, even at night. 

It was nice being able to drop stuff off at the car too.

Posted by skilletaudio

We have parked two different years with gate 10 and have found it to be a perfectly workable setup, provided your daily plans are compatible with being a hike or a wait+shuttle away when you want access to your car. 

Posted by tinabear81

Two years ago, we used them with no problems whatsoever. Shuttles arrived frequently and we never felt unsafe. Shuttles do get a bit crowded at times but it was not a huge issue.

daily plans are compatible with being a hike

There are very few parking options during Gen Con that don't involve some sort of a hike, or paying far more.  I've heard the mall is not that much more expensive than G10 (mid $20s per day?) but other people have reported problems with the mall, such as break-ins and not feeling safe in the lot.  YMMV.

Posted by shibas

If you are looking to get Gate 10 parking they've opened it up for a one day pre-sale: www.affordableindyeventparking.com.

Posted by funny-shaped dice

If you are willing to get there early, I’ve always parked at the Park Plaza directly across from the convention center. It was $20 or $24 / day...covered...and right across the street (you can enter the Crowne Plaza hotel if you prefer and use the skywalk even).  

When I’ve used Park Plaza, I’m coming in from an outlying hotel and I get to the ICC about 7:30 or 7:45.  Never have had a problem parking there.  I can’t speak for availability if you arrive later.  :)

Posted by cbudoris

A few issues with this sale- the sale offered parking for thurs-sun, but alot of ppl arrive in Indy on Tues or Wed, so what you supposed to do then?  That, and I wish they'd give you a detailed map where exactly these parking lots are.  It looks like they're all south of Lucas Oil.

The one we got yesterday was 5 days, Wed-Sun, and IIRC, they do offer some 6 day passes, but maybe those weren't part of the sale.

Yes, all their lots are either S or SW of Lucas Oil.  The 2 on McCarthy St are on the same block as LOS, the others are further away.

Posted by galvatron42

I got the 6 day pass yesterday, Wednesday through Monday. We are coming in on Tuesday. I emailed the company and they said just come on Tuesday and  pay for a single night.

Posted by funny-shaped dice cbudoris

cbudoris wrote:
A few issues with this sale- the sale offered parking for thurs-sun, but alot of ppl arrive in Indy on Tues or Wed, so what you supposed to do then?

They had 5 and 6 day passed avail6when I bought mine (6 day, Wed-Mon).  Maybe they sold out or you missed seeing them?

Posted by funny-shaped dice

cbudoris wrote:
A few issues with this sale- the sale offered parking for thurs-sun, but alot of ppl arrive in Indy on Tues or Wed, so what you supposed to do then?

They had 5 and 6 day passed avail6when I bought mine (6 day, Wed-Mon).  Maybe they sold out or you missed seeing them?

Posted by cmegus

Yep, Gate 10 has 4, 5, and 6 day parking passes on the website -right now, for all types of vehicles, even as large as RVs. Verified.

Just scroll down.

G

Posted by pinheadjo

Just purchased 2 5 day passes for our group.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.