Gen Con On-Line
1 3
1 3
Posted by hendelbolaf derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Events for Gen Con Online will have a Gen Con base price of $2. That is indeed cheaper than the base price for events at the convention, at least for longer events, since it's a flat rate instead of $2 per 2 hours.

Derek,

It probably does not matter as it will all be fixed as you guys go through the event submission and acceptance process, but my two six hour events are showing $6.00 like they normally would and not $2.00 as you had posted. Again, it is only showing on my GM dashboard so I am sure that will change. I just wanted to give you feedback so you knew about that.

Thanks for everything you and the crew do every year for us, but especially this year of craziness!

Posted by rjcurrie hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
derekguder wrote:
Events for Gen Con Online will have a Gen Con base price of $2. That is indeed cheaper than the base price for events at the convention, at least for longer events, since it's a flat rate instead of $2 per 2 hours.

Derek,It probably does not matter as it will all be fixed as you guys go through the event submission and acceptance process, but my two six hour events are showing $6.00 like they normally would and not $2.00 as you had posted. Again, it is only showing on my GM dashboard so I am sure that will change. I just wanted to give you feedback so you knew about that.
Thanks for everything you and the crew do every year for us, but especially this year of craziness!

Derek and company stated in the event submission video that the price will be adjusted to $2 during the approval process. I assume it was simply not practical to change that part of the submission software.

Posted by derekguder

Yeah, we are somewhat limited in what we have the time to change for this year, especially since most changes will need to be reverted back.

We'll have to update that manually during review, so just make sure to double-check event prices once events are accepted and let us know if we missed anything.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by donaldbain

Did I miss when the events listing is going to be available?

Posted by derekguder

It will be released before the July 13 start of event registration, with our usual "about a week" timeline.

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by stahlnee

I am hoping that event descriptions include platform being used for the event and they stick with it. Otherwise attendees are going in blind and host are setting themselves up for disappointed attendees. Already happened with me for Kobold Con.

Posted by nascragman stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
I am hoping that event descriptions include platform being used for the event and they stick with it. Otherwise attendees are going in blind and host are setting themselves up for disappointed attendees. Already happened with me for Kobold Con.
the platform is part of the event description, and there is going to be an Event Messaging Tool for judgr/player communication 

Posted by derekguder stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:

The event submission form has a separate field specifically for the event organizer to specify the platform. You'll want to check the submission form and the resources on the Host page.

Running an event on a different platform that was originally specified in the event submission would be akin to running a game at the physical convention in a different room.

Which is to say: don't do it.

The only reason the platform should change is if there is a technical problem preventing it from being run as originally submitted and players should be consulted to ensure they can actually access any new platform.

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by stahlnee

Thank you. Can you make the platform being specified mandatory? Like automatically reject any submissions that do not have the platform being specified?

Posted by derekguder stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
Thank you. Can you make the platform being specified mandatory? Like automatically reject any submissions that do not have the platform being specified?

I'm not sure that I understand your question.

People will be submitting events to Gen Con, not to you. We are not requiring certain platforms, though we are recommending a few. So there is no reason to reject submissions that do not conform to that list, though we will certainly be double-checking some of them, depending on what folks enter on the form.

Events that do not specify a platform will not be accepted or activated - they will simply be returned to the event organizer to correct. Unfortunately there are some aspects of the form that still need manual enforcement/correction for this year, like the Gen Con base price.

Since the event organizer is submitting the event and selecting the platform the game is played on, it will be mandatory for those players to use that platform, but there will be no check to confirm that they actually have an account set up to do so. It certainly has nothing to do with the event submission or rejection process, it's more akin to a Magic tournament where a player needs to bring a legal deck. If they do not, they simply can't participate.

If you were asking something else, can you elaborate?

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by dballing derekguder

derekguder wrote:
stahlnee wrote:

Events that do not specify a platform will not be accepted or activated - they will simply be returned to the event organizer to correct. Unfortunately there are some aspects of the form that still need manual enforcement/correction for this year, like the Gen Con base price.

I think that answered his question, near as I can tell. He wanted to make sure that no events would make it out into the public-wild without having explicitly specified the platform.

Posted by stahlnee

That is correct. Reject a submission unless platform is specified.

Posted by hendelbolaf

I can confirm that platform listing is on the event registration form and I think it is a cell that if left blank will give you an error and make you fill it in before saving and submitting.

i plan to run on d20Pro and Skype. I want to make sure that everyone has a free account of each as that is all they need to play in my events. I specifically call it out in the description to event participants and I also ask them to email me prior to the event so we can confirm that they have everything they need.

It is not mandatory, but it is nice to communicate prior to the event in these virtual games to make the game time run smoother. For instance in d20Pro I need to give them an IP address to log in and I like to get their Skype account set up so I can start the call on time with everyone’s account ready to go.

Posted by bdprutzman

What time on July 13th will the event registration occur?  Will there be a link on the gencononline page to register for events or how else will it be done?  D&D games go too quick for me not to want to know what to expect in advance.

Posted by kurt3849

When can we expect games to be approved? I know the catalog will not go live until the 7th. Given the size of some events, we would like to announce and publicize asap. Don't want to do that until the games are approved. 

Posted by hendelbolaf

My events are officially "Active" now, so Gen Con is a coming!!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3