What Time Did You Get?
Posted by bubba87pug captain 10beers

captain 10beers wrote:
I got totally hosed with 6:39. 

Only 20 minutes earlier than you. Looks like north of the city for me.

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

1:54 PM. Earliest time I have ever been assigned. I might not have to do the hotel portal shuffle to get a DT room this year. Although, I've had good luck with that over the last couple years, so I'm fine either way.

Posted by inari

I got a terrible time but the husband got 12:36 so we should be ok.

Posted by david campbell

2:02; best ever since the lottery started. I'm liking it.

Posted by austicke

You can see the Facebook poll here.

Interestingly, it appears access times are tighter this year. Last year, many had times later than 10pm. This year, it appears that 7pm is around the upper limit.

Unfortunately, that may mean that downtown hotel rooms sell out earlier this year. Last year they sold out at 3:55pm.

Posted by david campbell austicke

... austicke wrote:
Interestingly, it appears access times are tighter this year. Last year, many had times later than 10pm. This year, it appears that 7pm is around the upper limit.
Unfortunately, that may mean that downtown hotel rooms sell out earlier this year. Last year they sold out at 3:55pm.

Looks like there are a few now reporting after 8pm, (well, 2) so it could be your sample size. There are thousands of folks that may not have even seen an email yet, or may not do Facebook. The ones with the best times are most excited to tell others...

...and that’s exactly what I’m telling myself. Another in my group got 1:10, so feeling good.

Posted by ladywielder

I got 1:57. I'm aiming for a Hilton cause mt mother-in-law can give us a gift card. I'm really hoping we get lucky. I haven't heard from my friends what they got.

Posted by ar6474

3:54 PM EST worse than last year and nothing last year was decent by then.

However, I already have reserved 2 rooms at the Marriott downtown since last year so I am not that concerned. Its also nice that I have Elite status with Marriott so they CAN NOT cancel my reservations once i make them. In the past I have done this and had a couple issues with rooms out side of downtown but once the call was made to Customer service we actually got upgraded rooms.

Good luck to all and may the dice always roll in your favor.

Posted by johntes

I got 1:32. I won’t be using the portal, so that should help someone get the room they want.

Posted by sagittaire

1:50 for me and 2:45 for my son. Waiting to hear from the other two members of our group.

Posted by stevespikes

I got 1:36.  I hope I can get an ADA-accessible room at my favorite hotel.

Posted by kd8esu

6:05 PM EST.

Looks like I'm going elsewhere for my hotel.

Posted by dranthor

I got 451 glad I already booked a room last year.

Posted by thomas28202

I got 12:46!  Went to the portal and ... oh ... Sunday.

Posted by squirecam

So I got 4:40 ish. Last few years it was 9 and 10pm. But I saw the posting where the times were shorter then last year, and downtown sold out at 3:30 last year.

FYI there are rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown. It will cost you $416 a night, or you can pay with Hilton Honors points (which is clearly the way to book it if you can).

Posted by squirecam ar6474

ar6474 wrote:
3:54 PM EST worse than last year and nothing last year was decent by then.
However, I already have reserved 2 rooms at the Marriott downtown since last year so I am not that concerned. Its also nice that I have Elite status with Marriott so they CAN NOT cancel my reservations once i make them. In the past I have done this and had a couple issues with rooms out side of downtown but once the call was made to Customer service we actually got upgraded rooms.
Good luck to all and may the dice always roll in your favor.
Having a honor program (Hilton) has saved me a few times in the past.

If you don’t have a program with some hotel chain, it’s a good idea to get one. 

Posted by burrfoot72

Got my best time ever of 4:24PM so I feel like a winner already even though I know I won't score a downtown room on opening day.  Persistence of watching the site daily has gotten me one every year since the lottery has started so I am not down about it yet other then knowing the time commitment I have ahead of me.  Good luck everyone.

Posted by tryanw gdccommander

gdccommander wrote:
I booked an AirBNB yesterday.  Forget dealing with the insanity, and my time slot always sucks.
The email comes in and I have 12:01 EST...
Want to get rid of your AirBNB? My time is 6:55pm :[ 

Posted by selene314 david campbell

david campbell wrote:
... austicke wrote:

Looks like there are a few now reporting after 8pm, (well, 2) so it could be your sample size. There are thousands of folks that may not have even seen an email yet, or may not do Facebook. The ones with the best times are most excited to tell others......and that’s exactly what I’m telling myself. Another in my group got 1:10, so feeling good.

With 2:19, I'm REALLY hoping this is a case of self-reporting bias.
Is there a poll from last year to compare this to?

Posted by tryanw jzehner

jzehner wrote:
4:08 for me...but my wife got 1:10.  Hoping that is enough to get downtown.
I wasn't smart enough to get my wife to do it seperately! I need your 4:08 time! 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.