D&D eXperience DM/Player Meet Up 2019
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5
Posted by k.simonse

I know I am late to this, work and deadlines had me spinning :)

Hi, I am Krishna Simonse and I am DM-ing High track B

Don't really have a good marketing statement for myself except that I strive to run a fun table and provide you with the type of experience you as a group are looking for. Be that "bring it on, I am invulnerable!" style combat or "can we try and convince the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal to be our friend in an elaborate tea ceremony?".
Of course this does mean communication between me as the DM and you as the players has to be good. I am going to work at it, if you are too, this could be a good fit. 
Oh and fair warning. I am one of them furreners, hailing from the almost below sea level country of the Netherlands. And yeah, I can play the arrogant european very well, but I stress PLAY :).  

Posted by vulture

LFG!
High Track A

Joe M - Either Drehkos - Level 13 Conquest Paladin, or Tuathas - level 11 Shepherd Druid

Decision based on my mood when the con starts, or best party integration.

And I am a highly organized Shep Druid, so I minimize the time sink - I got references from Origins ;) (Of course, if your eyes just rolled, pass on by I'll find another table ;) )

Prefer maps and minis.  Personally I'm RP lite, but do enjoy RP heavy groups.

Posted by evi1dave shuteyelids

shuteyelids wrote:
evi1dave wrote:
jffalaschi wrote:
Hello,
We're a group of veteran D&DXP players and one non-veteran Brazilian guy that the group was king enough to adopt for the event. We're in for Mid Track B. The veterans played with Ariana Stewart last year, but we are happy to try different DMs.
Here's the group:
Brad P. - Oddo (human barbarian [berserker] 6)
João F. - Bug (half-elf warlock [hexblade] 5)
Karen O. - Loial (goliath druid [moon] 5)
Mick S. - Wavy (forest gnome monk [drunken master] 5)
Sean W. - Muzglob (half-orc wizard [evocation] 7)
Steph W. - Fidget (human ranger [gloomstalker] 6)

David Burkhart here, and I would be glad to run for your group, if you would have me. I like to use maps & minis and enjoy RP as much as combat. I like to throw a little quirkiness into my NPCs and hope to see the same from the PCs.It's my first DDXP, but don't hold that against me. =)
David, looks like we are already matched up with Mitch Smithson, but sounds like you'd be a great DM too for whatever group gets you. As the guy playing the forest gnome monk, who's buddies with a half-orc wizard and a goliath druid, I'd say quirky is how we like to play. :)

No worries. Enjoy!

Posted by silverf0xx nray2016

nray2016 wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
nray2016 wrote:
Hi everyone! New to the post. I've got two people for Tier 3, high track A, and we definitely want to be at the same table. 
​​​​​​
There's me, Nick R., with Alder Stormraven, a fighter 1, War Mage 12!
And my friend, Kelsey C., with Alexandria Osario-Cortez, a Crown Paladin 10, Champion 3!
We love role playing and joking around, but also getting the job done! We will both play it up in character, and join in on all the shenanigans.
Our preference of DM is one who is about fun/theatrics/epicness, but can keep the group together and challenge us. A fun leader. :)
Hope to see you there! 

Hope you brought your floaties. You both have been thrown into the Player Pool,I REALLY want to hear the story behind AO-C the holy warrior. Love it!
She will definitely tell you if you ask! And I brought my snorkel. I hope that's okay. 

Oh.... I'm asking! I'm asking!

Posted by silverf0xx leash246

leash246 wrote:
Leighton Eash
Character is Arma Geddon, a 14th-level Halfling Barbarian
I'm on High Track B, and I think it'd be cool to play at Greg Marks's table if possible.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Posted by visian unsoundergnome

unsoundergnome wrote:
visian wrote:
It's my first year going to Gencon (let alone the 'D&D Experience') and I'm signed up for high-track A.  Is it up to us to find our own groups before we get there or do we show up and get filtered into groups at the event and how does that usually go? 
Either way...
Jeremy A. - Level 11 Trickery Cleric
Want to try to join up and find 3 more?High Track A
James S. - Level 12 Battlerager Barbarian
Ben W. - Level 14 Vengeance Paladin 9/Fiend Warlock 5

I'd love to add my bag of tricks to your table.

Posted by mog0025 nray2016

nray2016 wrote:
Hi everyone! New to the post. I've got two people for Tier 3, high track A, and we definitely want to be at the same table. 
​​​​​​
And my friend, Kelsey C., with Alexandria Osario-Cortez, a Crown Paladin 10, Champion 3!
We love role playing and joking around, but also getting the job done! We will both play it up in character, and join in on all the shenanigans.
Our preference of DM is one who is about fun/theatrics/epicness, but can keep the group together and challenge us. A fun leader. :)
Hope to see you there! 
Are you fine folks in need of someone who can pick locks?
LFG for High Track A also:
Joel T., playing Garrett Morgan, Gondite artificer (Ranger 5/Cleric 1/Rogue 9)

Posted by nray2016 mog0025

mog0025 wrote:
nray2016 wrote:
​​​​​​
Hope to see you there! 
We'd be happy to have you! Range and rogue stuff? 

Posted by mog0025 nray2016

nray2016 wrote:
mog0025 wrote:
nray2016 wrote:
​​​​​​
Hope to see you there! 
That's the plan! Sneaking around on ceilings and crossbow sniping.

Posted by nray2016 mog0025

mog0025 wrote:
nray2016 wrote:
mog0025 wrote:
nray2016 wrote:
​​​​​​
Hope to see you there! 
That's the plan! Sneaking around on ceilings and crossbow sniping.
I'm down for this party! 

Posted by silverf0xx

We are coming down to the last few hours before the con. Tomorrow I will group those players that are left in the Players Pool and place them in at tables.
There are usually a few last minute stragglers so it may get a bit hectic on my end but now worries. You will all have tables assigned before you get to your first table on Thursday.

Happy gaming!

Posted by vulture

Since it looks like the High Track A has very few players here, I'll switch from forming a party to requesting a table/DM.  I'd like to be at Dan Erbacher's table for team Ettercap.

Thanks!

Joe M

Posted by silverf0xx

OK. Teams and tables have been assembled with the available players. 
That gives us 4 complete Tables and 10 partial tables. Less than I had hoped but better than a poke in the eye.

I took the remaining players in High Track A and combined them to form a complete team and put them on Laura's table for Team Tarrasque (because who wouldn't want to be on a team with that name). 

If there are any issues with table placements please bring it up to the Marshal for your area and they will be able to help work things out.

I hope you all have fun and do wild and crazy things. Invoke my True Name on your first crit (that goes for DMs, too) so that the gods may show you favor.

Be safe and Happy Gaming!

Oh.... and share some of your cool stories here so I can live vicariously thru the forums.

Posted by nray2016 silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
That gives us 4 complete Tables and 10 partial tables. Less than I had hoped but better than a poke in the eye.
I took the remaining players in High Track A and combined them to form a complete team and put them on Laura's table for Team Tarrasque (because who wouldn't want to be on a team with that name). 
If there are any issues with table placements please bring it up to the Marshal for your area and they will be able to help work things out.
I hope you all have fun and do wild and crazy things. Invoke my True Name on your first crit (that goes for DMs, too) so that the gods may show you favor.
Oh.... and share some of your cool stories here so I can live vicariously thru the forums.
silverf0xx wrote:
Is your true name silverf0xx? Because I totally will, if I crit.  I'm all for the memes. 

Posted by silverf0xx nray2016

nray2016 wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
Is your true name silverf0xx? Because I totally will, if I crit.  I'm all for the memes. 

I can't just give you my True Name. That would be too easy. You'll have to discover it.

Or use Silverf0xx. It's your crit. Use whichever you like.

Posted by xthaydx

To the lovely gents who formed my Lich table for Mid Track A (Captain Albert, Bad Tom, Straw-Hat-Loofie, Rotcur, Zem, and Castigar), please feel free to reach out to my personal email as next GenCon approaches! I'll be in touch as the events for 2020 start to come together and can let you know my plans for the con!
[email protected]

Posted by narzat

The Sea Myst Reavers had a blast playing with Mitch in the Mid Track A group.  What a great story line and excellent DMing!  Looking forward to next year :)

Posted by masterofdungeons

All hail and fear the Sea Myst Reavers! May we share a clap o' thunder, and be squiffy then take a caulk! Three sheets we be, 'an there she blows!!! All hands! Moonshaes be warned!

Posted by silverf0xx

Love hearing about how everyone's table went. Sounds like Team Lich and the Sea Myst Reavers had a great time.
How about the rest of the tables? What cool stories do you have?

Posted by shuteyelids

Welllllll since you are asking! Mitch's OTHER team (really, not competing at all with the Sea Myst Reavers but we WILL trade your Triton for our drunken Forest Gnome straight up right now) had a blast. We loved the way Mitch handled the adventure, really really enjoyed the story line, because it gave us time to RP and felt like that had realtime consequences, enjoyed the way Mitch's knowledge of the material and experience running a game let him let us take the game where things felt like they should go, and very much enjoyed the challenges of the adventure. The special twist in the middle was decent enough, and there were some fun things everyone did with that, but also could have been better, not sure exactly how, since this is so off the cuff. What I do want to say is that the connected adventures felt real, and the path is solid, and our group's experience was one that we would leap at another chance to keep it going a la our home campaign. The end consequences had real repercussions for the way I felt my character would be afterward, and that's my most honest indication of a stamp of approval.

In other words, we had a ball, we laughed, we improvised our way through sudden and not so sudden twists and turns, "Invent a character for yourself right now at the table", good fights, good challenges. Thanks to you all.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5