Eticket procedure
Posted by braewe

How did it work last year? Curious since our general procedure is we each get our own badge, then we /all/ create identical wishlists. In theory this means the lowest person gets everyone's but in practice what happens is the first person can't get it all but by the time someone lower comes up, events sold out for the first person have been rereleased so the second third or fourth person gets those....which means at the con wednesday we have a mass handing-out-of-tickets. 

I realize my explanation is confusing so:
Jan got everyone tickets for event a b and 2 tickets to c
Thomas got everyone tickets to event d 1 ticket to c and 2 tickets to e f g
Rebecca got everyone tickets to the Stink 2 tickets to e 
Sarah got 1 ticket to c, a month after event reg opened, 2 tickets to f and g, and everyone tickets to an event offered later

So we end up with 4 tickets to everything, but it's spread out over all of us. (even this is simplified, as not everyone actually does every event, but we track it on excel and it all works...with paper tickets) How will this work electronically? We are all friended, do they just neatly transfer?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi Braewe,

The electronic tickets are attached electronically to the badge for which they were purchased. Thus, if A bought a ticket specifically for B, on B's badge, because they are friended, that ticket will be on B's badge.  If A needs to transfer a ticket she bought for herself, that can also be done.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by braewe

SWEET so you will only need to keep track of your badge--and if you later get a gm badge they just swap with it? Can generics be transferred too? ie if Thomas buys 50 generics, can he transfer them to whichever of the group needs them?

And how will generic returns be handled OR can you simply buy them as needed? This is actually quite exciting. 

Also thanks for the super speedy response. :)

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi braewe,

Generic tickets, as least as far as I know now, will not be electronic, so you'll just handle those as you always have.  Remember that specific events are either electronically ticketed, or not.  You can swap out a GM badge without issue; the tickets will not disappear.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con  LLC

Posted by ascantla

So do they scan your badge at an event and all linked tickets appear (or yours) or is it on an app or e-mail and you pull each ticket up and they scan that?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I'm pretty sure they just scan your badge, one time for each person you bought a ticket for using "buy another ticket for me".  If you bought it in their name, then it's tied to their badge.

Posted by stahlnee

Last year with E-Tickets you had to wait in line to return the ticket as you would with a paper ticket. The E-Ticket was not set up to allow online returns during the convention.

Posted by bushmaster

For TD, you could show up with your badge, that bought a ticket for your friend, and your friend with their badge.  They would scan your badge, and then your friend badge. 

At least, that is how I think the process worked...

Posted by buffythecatslayer

When you buy event tickets, you have the option to buy the ticket for people in your F&F list, or buy 1 extra ticket using "buy another ticket for me".  For TD, you can buy all 9 other tickets using the "buy another ticket for me" option, maybe the only event that allows that.

If you bought the ticket for a person in your F&F list, then it was tied to their badge, and you didn't need to wait for them to scan in.  If you bought them "for me", then you had to be there to scan in everyone as they arrived.  Note that they did get the e-ticket transfers working a few weeks before the Con, so that pretty much eliminated the problem of people buying tickets for their whole TD group, then being stuck outside until the last straggler showed up.

Posted by sethstewart

How does one make there event an eTicketed event? GM asking.

Posted by roundtop sethstewart

sethstewart wrote:

You need to talk to gencon event organizers, plus ensure that you have an internet connection during your events (not just hope the wifi works).

Posted by buffythecatslayer roundtop

roundtop wrote:
sethstewart wrote:

You need to talk to gencon event organizers, plus ensure that you have an internet connection during your events (not just hope the wifi works).

Supposedly the App they have for e-ticket GMs does not require a connection during the event. You can load the list of registered attendees in advance when you have a connection, scan them in to the event without an active conn, then upload the list later.

Posted by mikeboozer ascantla

ascantla wrote:
So do they scan your badge at an event and all linked tickets appear (or yours) or is it on an app or e-mail and you pull each ticket up and they scan that?

They just scan you badge. No email. 
The GM will have the app on their phone. Or they will have it on a computer with a scanner. They just need to scan your badge.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mikeboozer stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
Last year with E-Tickets you had to wait in line to return the ticket as you would with a paper ticket. The E-Ticket was not set up to allow online returns during the convention.

You can return E-Tickets online 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. You can also return them at the Customer Service kiosk but if that is the only reason you are in the Customer Service line then it would probably be easier to return them yourself! Less hassle for you.

Mike Boozer 
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mikeboozer

There is an E-Ticket FAQ under the "Attend" tab on gencon.com
It has lots of great information on the process.

https://www.gencon.com/attend/e-ticketing

Mike Boozer  
Gen Con LLC

Posted by bushmaster mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:You can return E-Tickets online 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. You can also return them at the Customer Service kiosk but if that is the only reason you are in the Customer Service line then it would probably be easier to return them yourself! Less hassle for you.Mike Boozer 
Gen Con LLC

Was this option in place last year?  If so, I was not aware of the ability to return online. 

Maybe some signage can be put up near Customer Service so people are aware of this option?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.