True Dungeon - backpack?
Posted by delgrieve

What do I do with my backpack while doing True Dungeon?

Posted by falinsh

Either wear it (if not bulky, I usually wear a drawstring bag) or leave it at your hotel.  I believe they still do a bag check but that is for Adventurer's Guild which constitutes your $2,500 or above token buyers.  That was the case in previous years but I haven't checked lately.  

Posted by quarex

Every time I think I have heard a surprisingly high dollar amount relating to True Dungeon expenditures, I see another higher one.

Posted by mhayward1978 quarex

quarex wrote:
Every time I think I have heard a surprisingly high dollar amount relating to True Dungeon expenditures, I see another higher one.

People spending that much are either pooling orders as a guild, or reselling.  You get access to the bag check at $2000 annual purchases from True Adventures.

Posted by brotherbock

$2000...for bag check? I'm sure there are other perks too, but...spend $2000, or have your team haul your backpacks through our set pieces, or don't bring your backpack...to a day at the gaming convention? That's nuts. Just plain nuts.

Posted by mhayward1978 brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
$2000...for bag check? I'm sure there are other perks too, but...spend $2000, or have your team haul your backpacks through our set pieces, or don't bring your backpack...to a day at the gaming convention? That's nuts. Just plain nuts.

It's not $2000 for a bag check.  Bag check access is provided free of charge to volunteers, and as a customer loyalty reward for True Adventures customers who spent more than $2000 in the last year.

You can get the badge that grants you bag check access for around $5 on the secondary market.

Posted by nascragman

Man...  I gotta figure out a way for Nascrag to sell tokens.

Posted by rutherfordr

You'll attract the kinds of players who think they should be able to "win" your game because they've spent the most money.

Posted by davidbaslow

I recommend taking the time to leave your bag in a Hotel room or locked securely elsewhere. 

Posted by davidbaslow

Maybe someone needs to have a locker service as an event? That might help a lot of people if they can figure out a way to manage the liability. 

Posted by loncray

With all the possibilities of illegal substances or even harmful things, I would be surprised if anyone could afford the insurance such an event would cost. 

Posted by tdb davidbaslow

davidbaslow wrote:
I recommend taking the time to leave your bag in a Hotel room or locked securely elsewhere. 

Um, sure.  That works great if you have a downtown hotel room.  And it's easy and cheap to get those for Gencon, right?

As for locking it securely elsewhere, do you have any suggestions on where you could do that?

Posted by mhayward1978 rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
You'll attract the kinds of players who think they should be able to "win" your game because they've spent the most money.

True dungeon is co-op players versus environment, and can be played with nothing other than the game pieces that come with your admission ticket.

Posted by mhayward1978 loncray

loncray wrote:
With all the possibilities of illegal substances or even harmful things, I would be surprised if anyone could afford the insurance such an event would cost. 

Fun fact - there used to be vended public lockers in the convention center several years ago. 

Posted by loncray

If there were and are no more, why would they vanish?  I'm guessing it's for the same reason that a lot of public trash cans and postal boxes have vanished and concrete bollards have proliferated.  And the convention center itself having liability is easier than any individual event organizer or even the con itself.  

Posted by matthias9

I'm skeptical that liability/insurance is the barrier.  Self-serve lockers are in lots of other places -- gyms, malls, swimming pools, ski chalets, locker rooms, etc.  They post a use-at-your-own-risk sign and are done with it.

More likely, space constraints and/or maintenance would be a bigger concern.  Or just that the majority of other events held at the convention center simply don't need them in the way that Gen Con attendees might use them.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.