Printer freindly exhibit hall maps here
Posted by donaldbain

I've redone the exhibit hall maps in B&W in two sizes.  Let me know if there is any problems with them, I didn't have time to proof them.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yeXtYhe

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Excellent, I was hoping it would get done this year, but amazed you knocked it out so quickly.

Last year, you had it a bit differently.  The 2 half maps were landscape oriented, and there was a 4th page for just the vendors.  

Posted by donaldbain

I've added the old set up to the post with the separate vendor sheet and everything on 8.5 x 11 paper. 

Posted by cloak72

The first map (8.5x11) gets clipped on both the short edges when trying to print for me, regardless of the settings I use.  On the left, it cuts off just before 500 and on the right, just after 2600/2700.

I have an HP LaserJet.

I found the best way to print these is to right-click each image and select "Copy Image Address".  Then, open a new tab, and paste the URL into the search bar.  You now have a nice image without all the side stuff, and it should print cleanly.

These instructions work for Chrome, not sure about other browsers, but it should be similar.

Bumping this

Posted by ddehoff

This is great!  Now we need a program to take a map and calculate the shortest path to visit all the booths.

Posted by roderick

No, no, what you need is to be able to input the booths you *want* to visit , and it calculates the optimum route, updating every minute for the unexpected congestion around the booth with the break-out, must-have, hit game,  that guy with the huge  backpack that stops at *every* booth and stands with his butt (and backpack) in the aisle, and all the guys taking pictures of the booth babes modeling corsets. 

Posted by aaronr roderick

roderick wrote:
No, no, what you need is to be able to input the booths you *want* to visit , and it calculates the optimum route, updating every minute for the unexpected congestion around the booth with the break-out, must-have, hit game,  that guy with the huge  backpack that stops at *every* booth and stands with his butt (and backpack) in the aisle, and all the guys taking pictures of the booth babes modeling corsets. 

I know your reply was tongue in cheek but that first part would be amazing and is at least possible.

Posted by kiyote

Listen, if the convention center can get those indoor sensors installed to enable GPS, well....we can build the app that will help you navigate it automatically.  :)

Posted by urielblue donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
I've redone the exhibit hall maps in B&W in two sizes.  Let me know if there is any problems with them, I didn't have time to proof them.
https://imgur.com/gallery/yeXtYhe
Thanks so much! I'm directionally dyslexic, and I get turned around in there endlessly. Combined with my claustrophobia in the giant crowds, it gets pretty unfun. Now I can mark specific booths ahead of time and make surgical strokes to where I'm wanting to go. Seriously, so much thanks!

-Ron

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.