Is There Going To Be A 2019 Gen Con Shirt?
Posted by kittypaws

Hi Everyone!

With this being our first year attending, I want to go full tourist mode! I checked out the official gear but I don't see a shirt that actually says Gen Con 2019. I absolutely LOVE the board gamer shirt but it doesn't have the year. Will more stuff be added later?

Thanks!

Posted by helenbb

I would think so. There is always a specific shirt for each individual year.

Posted by mikeboozer kittypaws

kittypaws wrote:
Hi Everyone!
With this being our first year attending, I want to go full tourist mode! I checked out the official gear but I don't see a shirt that actually says Gen Con 2019. I absolutely LOVE the board gamer shirt but it doesn't have the year. Will more stuff be added later?
Thanks!

Yes, there will be merchandise up later in the year including a 2019 shirt...or even now!
https://www.offworlddesigns.com/gen-con-store/

Posted by noone mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
kittypaws wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Thanks!

Yes, there will be merchandise up later in the year including a 2019 shirt. 
if you go to offworld designs the new tee shirts are already up

Posted by kittypaws

ugh, no year though. why oh why would they do this??? (this dramatic scene brought to you by the university of overacting!)

https://www.offworlddesigns.com/gen-con-board-gamer-ladies-v-neck/

unless I'm looking at the wrong shirt...

Posted by buffythecatslayer

The shirts for 2019 will probably go on sale closer to the Con.  That merchandise is the stuff they always have, although they do seem to have the 2019 badge wallet on sale already.

There are more than 6 months until the Con begins, you'll have plenty of time to get your goodies.

Posted by funny-shaped dice kittypaws

kittypaws wrote:
ugh, no year though. why oh why would they do this??? (this dramatic scene brought to you by the university of overacting!)

Typically, it is the logo that varies.  I honestly don’t remember the *year* being imprinted on most of the designs for quite some time.  Even Gen Con 50 didn’t have the year.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I have a shirt from last year with 2018 on it.  From 2017, I have the Gen Con 50 shirt, and yeah, it doesn't have the year.  Don't know about prior years.

Posted by austicke

There's been a shirt with the year every year. 2017 was branded as Gen Con 50.

Posted by sockarang austicke

austicke wrote:
There's been a shirt with the year every year. 2017 was branded as Gen Con 50.

Posted by andrewj.rager

I'm actually hoping for a Shirt that doesn't have a massive dragon on it. I've got the Gen Con 2016, and Gen Con 2018 shirts, but I'd like just a shirt with the Gen Con logo on the front and a little slogan or something on the back. Or maybe some other aspect of gaming. I understand that D&D and Gen Con have a history for obvious reasons, but Gen Con is so much more than just "Dragons".

Posted by braewe

Well, they used to have shirts with chicks on them which I never bought. I FAR prefer dragons!

Posted by rutherfordr

It looks like this is going to be the 2019 logo:

https://www.offworlddesigns.com/gen-con-2019-logo-dragon-pullover/

Posted by roganca

Cool pullover.

Posted by andrewj.rager rutherfordr

Eh.. It's ok. I'm sure many people will love it, but again. Its another Dragon.

Posted by [email protected]

It would be awesome if they offered the shirt in something.other.than.black. I have a closet full of black gen con shirts. I offer this suggestion to OWD every year at their booth, to no avail. Oh, and the shirt must have the year on it or I won't bother. I buy it as a souvenir of the year.
It was very cool finding the "50" integrated into the design on the anniversary T.

Posted by hendelbolaf [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
It would be awesome if they offered the shirt in something.other.than.black. I have a closet full of black gen con shirts. I offer this suggestion to OWD every year at their booth, to no avail. Oh, and the shirt must have the year on it or I won't bother. I buy it as a souvenir of the year.
It was very cool finding the "50" integrated into the design on the anniversary T.
I have several that are green and I think I have a brown one, too. I cannot recall what the most recent ones are, but I like other colors as well besides black.

hendelbolaf wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
I have several that are green and I think I have a brown one, too. I cannot recall what the most recent ones are, but I like other colors as well besides black.
I think the last 3 or 4 years have been black. I have the green, blue and maroon from prior years. Those would be refreshing...or some bright colors.

Posted by ungmar9567 [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
Yeah, the 50 design was very cool. It was especially cool for me because I turned 50 that year. So wearing the 50 hat for a year had a double meaning.

Posted by ungmar9567 kittypaws

kittypaws wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Thanks!
Hello!
First of all, it's very cool that you are attending Gen Con for the first time this year! I hope you have a great time, and I hope you enjoy Indianapolis. I think the city does an awesome job of welcoming the convention goers.
As far as shirts go, you might also want to check out The RAM restaurant downtown. I don't know if you know this, but Gen Con has had an official beer for the past few years. Well, The RAM also has gaming-named beers each year and they have shirts (and mugs etc.) with the beer name on them. They don't say the year, but they can still be pretty cool. 
Enjoy!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.