So as Gencon gets closer....
1 3
1 3
Posted by lordnlkon microwench

microwench wrote:
bushmaster wrote:
microwench wrote:Still 5 days of work to go and brain is already 512 miles away (KC to Indy).
Keeping anything closed to focused this week is going to be so hard....
I'm so ready to go.  Almost completely packed, just need to add in the last-minute, use-it-that-morning stuff.
Packed?  I bet you also have your Christmas shopping done!  :)
Ha! Yeah right!  I wish I was that ahead of the game!I started packing last weekend.  I've been working long hours lately, and need a decent amount of sleep, so I don't have much time to do anything on weeknights.  I *know* if I leave it 'till later, I will be a frenzied mess and will forget stuff.  So Saturday I did 2 loads of laundry and started packing Saturday/Sunday.  It's easy to go ahead and toss in the stuff I won't need during the week (shorts, shirts I don't wear to work, sneakers, cosplay stuff) I've been adding bits and pieces each day when I find or think of something.
Saturday morning (we're leaving this weekend so we can spend non-con time with the friends who put us up for the con) I will toss in the last few things like hairbrush, pillow, etc and we'll be ready to leave within 30 minutes of getting up!​
As I said in another thread, I am well aware that no plan survives contact with the chaos. However, if I do what I can to be over-prepared in advance, then the chaos is far less stressful.  I like to have the majority of my ducks in something resembling a row.  The stragglers can be dealt with as needed. :-)

I'm the exact opposite, I'll pack about an hour before I leave for the airport. 

Posted by stephenglasgow

Less and less work as it gets closer?  Well, I'm reading this forum when I still have 200 images to process by EOB. Which is about 20 minutes from now... :D

Posted by microwench lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
microwench wrote:
bushmaster wrote:
microwench wrote:Still 5 days of work to go and brain is already 512 miles away (KC to Indy).
Keeping anything closed to focused this week is going to be so hard....
I'm so ready to go.  Almost completely packed, just need to add in the last-minute, use-it-that-morning stuff.
Packed?  I bet you also have your Christmas shopping done!  :)
Ha! Yeah right!  I wish I was that ahead of the game!I started packing last weekend.  I've been working long hours lately, and need a decent amount of sleep, so I don't have much time to do anything on weeknights.  I *know* if I leave it 'till later, I will be a frenzied mess and will forget stuff.  So Saturday I did 2 loads of laundry and started packing Saturday/Sunday.  It's easy to go ahead and toss in the stuff I won't need during the week (shorts, shirts I don't wear to work, sneakers, cosplay stuff) I've been adding bits and pieces each day when I find or think of something.
Saturday morning (we're leaving this weekend so we can spend non-con time with the friends who put us up for the con) I will toss in the last few things like hairbrush, pillow, etc and we'll be ready to leave within 30 minutes of getting up!​
As I said in another thread, I am well aware that no plan survives contact with the chaos. However, if I do what I can to be over-prepared in advance, then the chaos is far less stressful.  I like to have the majority of my ducks in something resembling a row.  The stragglers can be dealt with as needed. :-)
I'm the exact opposite, I'll pack about an hour before I leave for the airport. 
I admire that ability! If I did that, I would forget SO much stuff!

Posted by soulcatcher78

3 work days after today...I'm afraid they're all going to be as non productive as today has been so far.  Saturday is laundry and pre pack day, work Sunday/Monday and do all the "before you leave town errands" on Tuesday along with the final packing.  Drive up Wednesday and dive in.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3