Artist Looking to Work with Games co.'s
Posted by alex m alderete

Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the GC community to work with game companies.  The type of work I do lends itself to the imaginative world of board games.  I've gone back to my true love, monsters.  I played DND as a kid and the monster manual always got me excited.  The while genre peaks my interest.  I'm teaching creature design at a couple of the art centers and colleges in Boston. 

Here's my Portfolio.  I've worked for a number of companies freelancing but I'd like to focus my energy on companies that inspire me. 

Thanks everyone and take care,
Alex

Posted by brotherbock

Good looking stuff. I'd definitely recommend bringing your portfolio along to the con. A lot of times, there are 'Decision Makers' at the company booths, or at least someone who can get your material and contact into to the decision makers. Board games, RPGs, mini companies. If they aren't explicitly hiring, many times they are happy to have more artists to be able to contact later when they need people.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Also, when the events are posted (early May), look for workshops & seminars that deal with getting into gaming art.  Many of the people from those events are involved with the gaming industry.

Posted by alex m alderete

Thank you guys for all the advice!  Can you suggest any sites that have a list of companies?

Posted by brotherbock

Boardgamegeek.com typically stays up to date on what boardgame companies are attending, in their forums.

Posted by alex m alderete brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
Boardgamegeek.com typically stays up to date on what boardgame companies are attending, in their forums.
Thanks brother!

Posted by brotherbock alex m alderete

alex m alderete wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
Thanks brother!

Np. Remember me when you're famous :P

New Post Sign in to write a new post.