Anyone from Columbus, OH?
Posted by griffonicus

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this. I'm sure I'm not the only one coming in from Columbus and though it seems odd to travel hundreds of miles to meet your neighbors, thought it would be fun to possibly meet some other locals who might be there.

I'll be there with a friend, and always looking for more gaming friends. If you know Columbus, I'm from Dublin.

(Without sounding too much like a personal ad - I'm married, couple kids, steady job, decent guy. Also, I PROMISE I'm not a serial killer).

Posted by cmegus

It depends...

Is your first name Greg, Al, Tim or Paul?

Posted by griffonicus

It is actually none of the above...although I'm not sure if that's good or bad...?

Posted by cmegus

Probably good :)

Never been to Dublin, well not yet, but I know exactly 4 guys from there.

Flakes, but good guys.

Posted by pshep999

From Troy, which is and hour and 10 min west from Dublin. I have a son that lives in Galloway so I spend quite a bit of time in Cbus.

Posted by griffonicus cmegus

cmegus wrote:
Probably good :)
Never been to Dublin, well not yet, but I know exactly 4 guys from there.
Flakes, but good guys.

Good people, but flakes is the eternal struggle in finding a gaming group!

Posted by griffonicus pshep999

pshep999 wrote:
From Troy, which is and hour and 10 min west from Dublin. I have a son that lives in Galloway so I spend quite a bit of time in Cbus.
That's just north of Dayton, right? How is the gaming out there? Are you headed to GenCon this year?

Posted by brooks griffonicus

griffonicus wrote:
Hey all,
Not sure where to post this. I'm sure I'm not the only one coming in from Columbus and though it seems odd to travel hundreds of miles to meet your neighbors, thought it would be fun to possibly meet some other locals who might be there.
I'll be there with a friend, and always looking for more gaming friends. If you know Columbus, I'm from Dublin.
(Without sounding too much like a personal ad - I'm married, couple kids, steady job, decent guy. Also, I PROMISE I'm not a serial killer).

Grove City area here and would definitely be interested in meeting up at the convention. 

Posted by boc_mage

I'm east of Cleveland but my friend is a Columbus local who travels with others to Indy every year. 

Posted by griffonicus brooks

brooks wrote:
griffonicus wrote:
Hey all,

Grove City area here and would definitely be interested in meeting up at the convention. 
Very cool, thank for reaching out! I will get there Wednesday evening (staying at the Hilton by the airport) and leaving on Sunday. Where are you staying? Feel free to send me a private message if you feel more comfortable chatting about schedules, etc.

Posted by griffonicus boc_mage

boc_mage wrote:
I'm east of Cleveland but my friend is a Columbus local who travels with others to Indy every year. 
I grew up east of Cleveland many years ago - where are you at? 

Posted by boc_mage griffonicus

griffonicus wrote:
boc_mage wrote:
I grew up east of Cleveland many years ago - where are you at? 
South East corner of Geauga county/Amish Country. I count statistically in the Greater Cleveland area/region. 

Posted by brooks griffonicus

griffonicus wrote:
brooks wrote:
griffonicus wrote:
Hey all,

Very cool, thank for reaching out! I will get there Wednesday evening (staying at the Hilton by the airport) and leaving on Sunday. Where are you staying? Feel free to send me a private message if you feel more comfortable chatting about schedules, etc.

Sent you a message and thanks for the thread. 

Posted by pshep999 griffonicus

griffonicus wrote:
pshep999 wrote:
That's just north of Dayton, right? How is the gaming out there? Are you headed to GenCon this year?
Yes 25 min N of DYT. Its pretty good. 4 local stores within a 45 min drive that do a lot of different gaming. I don't get much time to game during the year besides Gen Con. Trying to get a Vampire 5e group going at home but have run into some "life events" lol. But yes def going to Gen Con. It is my getaway each year to game, relax (yes, I said relax) and get my gaming fix on. You would think I would go to Origins bc it is only an hour away but I like GC so much better and its farther away which I like haha.

Posted by griffonicus

Hey Brooks - didn't get any message from you but did send you one (if I did it properly...)

Posted by swainio

Hey, I am from the Grove City area as well and I am interested in meeting up as well! It would be great to add the the board gaming group I already have! 

Posted by griffonicus

Hi Swainio! Send me a PM and let's find a time to meet. I am pretty busy all day Thursday but much more open schedule on Friday (exhibitor hall most of the day) and Saturday.

Posted by ndroydradjo

It is actually none of the above...although I'm not sure if that's good or bad...

pdf gratuit

New Post Sign in to write a new post.