Wish List Processing
Posted by jsfetzik

Forums are slow. A refresh of this thread page took 10-15 seconds. I suspect that the forums are on a different server, but housed in the same location which uses the same connection to the internet.

Posted by big12cowboys

Right clicked and opened a second wish list page.  My current number went from 2574 to 2575.  I don't think it's working as intended.

Posted by schra1cm

I had the 503 error as well. It put me in the low 5000's. So far some of my favorite events haven't sold out. *crosses fingers*

Posted by david campbell

It's taken me 30 minutes to move from 4500 to 3000. 

Posted by schra1cm

It's funny. I didn't have this problem with Origins. :)

Posted by dballing hauntedcity

hauntedcity wrote:
Is it me, or are the Forums moving at a snail's pace? Are the forums and registration on the same server???

Well, that was a predicted outcome, but the warnings fell on deaf ears ...

http://www.gencon.com/forums/8-attendees-customers/topics/296-is-this-really-a-good-idea

Posted by coconutjones317

I went through the queue and tried to get into another time slot of a sold out event and submitted my wish list for that event.  Now I can't purchase my tickets and I'm worried it's going to time out after 2 hours.  Can I stop my wish list from processing?

Posted by coconutjones317

Posted by big12cowboys

33 minutes - 3809 to 1953.  At this pace, I should be able to process in about another 35 minutes if anything is left on my list.

Posted by druidicdog

I fucking hate this bullshit.. went from 62 to 5820.

Posted by druidicdog

Every fucking year there is some sort of online issue.

Posted by druidicdog

Every fucking year there is some sort of online issue.

Posted by bergec

I really like the idea of going through all the Wish Lists for the #1 item, then all of them for the #2 item, etc. Knowing your chances of getting your #1 pick are good regardless of where you are in the queue would be nice. Right now, it is all-or-nothing. You get a good spot, you'll get everything you want. You get a bad spot, and you'll get nothing you want. :(

Posted by truelink

Druidicdog, did you double click? That happened to me last year and I actually had my list done and attempting to run a second time. Your list has probably already been moved to your cart.

Posted by jeannette coconutjones317

coconutjones317 wrote:
I went through the queue and tried to get into another time slot of a sold out event and submitted my wish list for that event.  Now I can't purchase my tickets and I'm worried it's going to time out after 2 hours.  Can I stop my wish list from processing?
There is no way to stop a 2nd wish list processing, but know that events in your cart are secured. As long as you are active on the site within a 2 hour window your events will stay as they are. Activity on the site can be processing of your cart. You can also refresh, this is "activity" as well. 

Posted by wonderandawe bergec

bergec wrote:
I really like the idea of going through all the Wish Lists for the #1 item, then all of them for the #2 item, etc. Knowing your chances of getting your #1 pick are good regardless of where you are in the queue would be nice. Right now, it is all-or-nothing. You get a good spot, you'll get everything you want. You get a bad spot, and you'll get nothing you want. :(

This is a good idea.  

Right now I'm kicking myself for not adding every time for the events I want.   I just hope other people did that and will free up spots in the sold out events.  :(

Posted by coconutjones317 jeannette

jeannette wrote:
coconutjones317 wrote:
There is no way to stop a 2nd wish list processing, but know that events in your cart are secured. As long as you are active on the site within a 2 hour window your events will stay as they are. Activity on the site can be processing of your cart. You can also refresh, this is "activity" as well. 
Thank you!

Posted by sellanraa

Huh, I guess I'm having this double wishlist glitch/issue too.  What causes it to happen?  I REALLY hope I advance up to no. 1 again before the 2 hours expires.

Glad other people are as annoyed as me at this process! :)

Posted by pezkat braewe

braewe wrote:
I clicked submit, processing...then error 503 and then when I was finally able to get back, IT HAD NOT SUBMITTED. So 6542. Very lame. And as predicted of course, also could not get into the forums until just now. Liked having the forums on a separate site!!!
There's also a FB group where a lot of us are chatting as well (& Marian's always quick to answer questions)

Posted by truelink

Last year when it happened to me, I was worried about the time expiring, but towards the end lists started processing much, much faster. I assume this is due to less interaction with the servers and more rejections--which are likely easier on the servers.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.