Exiles: A Raunchy Game of Wild West Adventure!
Posted by weeble1000

We at Mindworm Games are excited to release our very first, very best, and most highly acclaimed game at Gen Con 2016! In fact, we're so excited that we've created a special series of Events to launch this sucker with extreme gaming prejudice!

Exiles, that's the game, is a fast-paced, frenetic, buzzword-filled game of gritty Wild West adventure.

For you gamers out there, Exiles is like a minis game banged an RPG and left the baby outside to die. We took the story, dysfunctional teamwork, and crazy loots you love in an RPG and crammed it down into the fast, frenetic play style of a skirmish wargame. If you’re looking for a raucous game of fast-paced action, Exiles will get your motor running!

If you’re into the story, Exiles is set in a bizzare, trope-fueled world of frontier mayhem slathered in a grimy layer of disease, piss-soaked streets, and hopeless futility crudely pasted over a knighted chasm of mythic horror. And boy howdy, are we gonna tickle your pickle!

Our extra special Gen Con campaign, Ticking Around, takes you through a story arc that unfolds across three Events with a total of seven individual games, starting with the discovery of a suspiciously phallic hive of blood-sucking monstrosities.

We’re running these Events back to back every day of the con from 10AM to 7PM. You can play a character through the whole campaign if you like, picking up loot and EXP along the way, or jump right into the middle! (Deep Ticking the best!) You can play the whole thing in one marathon session of Exiles awesomeness, or break it up across the whole convention.

Players will not only get a unique opportunity to be the very first actual Exiles players, but you'll also walk away with some exclusive Exiles loot and a few surprises totally not intended to get you to come by our Exhibit Hall booth.

We will be slathering our Facebook page with updates about the Gen Con campaign, which you can check out.

We also have the obligatory Twitter feed and Instagrams.

Posted by rbree

I'm sold.   If I can find a place in an ever overloaded schedule.

Posted by mhayward1978

Infant death by exposure as a marketing gimmick - classy.

I hope you attract the fans you deserve.

Posted by aaronmlopez

Weeble1000, the events don't have locations on them. Do you have this info yet? Trying to see if I can make it to a game but have a Seminar in the Crowne Plaza Grand Ballroom that ends at your start time... 

Posted by weeble1000

Aaronmlopez, that's a really good question!

Maybe Derek can answer that.

I don't think we have a say about where they put us. This is our first rodeo after all. I expect that we are going to be in the midst of a large hall full of miniature games. 

We have a creepy looking cow skull knocking around somewhere. We'll make a ginormous sign so folks can find us in the crowd. 

Posted by aaronmlopez

Thanks, Weeble1000. I went ahead and signed up for all three on Sunday and sent an email to you as well. Worst case scenario, I may be a bit late for the first one. 

Posted by weeble1000

Awesome! 

I went ahead and responded to your email ;). We'll get you hooked up!

Seriously though, I'll find out the location for the events. That seems pretty critical, doesn't it?

Posted by weeble1000

Okay!

Derek says the location of our events is probably somewhere indicated in an info packet I got, saying where certain types of events are located. 

We have friends visiting from out of town, so I'll check that once I sober up, and report back directly. 

However! Locations are not set in stone at this point, and I'm told to await finalization before updating the event descriptions.

In the mean time, if there's any other questions we can answer, let us know! I'm at your collective service. 

Posted by crusader77

I couldn't find the event for Exiles on the site at all. Am I missing it or is it all full-up?

Posted by weeble1000

Crusader, 

Thanks for looking man!

Try this link. <=== That one there.

You can find our events by searching for "Mindworm Games" or "Ticking Around."

It looks like our Friday and Saturday morning games are sold out. That's Tick in the Hen House, the first part of our three part campaign.

I expect some folks are just signing up for the first one incase the event totally sucks ;).

We will be more than happy to see about adding extra events if there's enough interest. We could do some 'Exiles After Dark' games after the Exhibit Hall closes, and of course the Mindworm Games team will almost certainly be playing a lil' extra special 'celebratory' Exiles at our forward base Air BnB.

I'm told it's pretty amazing to see how terrible I am at my own game!

Posted by weeble1000

I checked the Event Host materials, and the most concrete info I have is that non historical miniatures are normally multiple games in one room. And event locations will be updated when finalized. 

I expect you Gen Con vets can make a decent guess at where the NHM games will be. 

But like I said, we'll make sure folks can find us ;). 

In other news, we are hard at work making the final production molds for the Exiles products, which will be spitting out the minis we'll be playing with. 

I've started doing Facebook Live sessions while I work. Head on over if you want to get an inside view of how miniatures get made!

Here's a link

Posted by fpras

Exiles sounds like a thematic blast. I'll definitely be coming by your booth (#2757, right?), but I'd love to give it a go in person. Looks like there are still some tickets left to select Ticking Around events, but I just can't get it to fit into my schedule.

You mentioned you might be open to more events, or running an 'Exiles After Dark' game. Could something happen Saturday, say 8pm? 

Posted by piouscat

Will you be demoing the game at your booth?

Posted by weeble1000 piouscat

piouscat wrote:
Will you be demoing the game at your booth?

We will absolutely be demoing Exiles in our Exhibit Hall booth!

Our plan is to run a rolling demo 'round the clock in our booth, but the demo is going to be very rules lite.

I don't want folks to get 'locked in' to ten or twenty minutes of demo spiel, nor do I want to turn away interested folks because I already have someone engrossed in a demo that won't be over for another five minutes.

Our goal with the demo is to give you a quick impression of the way Exiles flows by running an essentially a never-ending shootout that folks can pretty much jump into or out of whenever they want.

You'll get an idea about turn structure, dice rolling, pace, and tone, but not much more than that.

Our Events will have the whole kielbasa! You'll have a character, skills, bada*** actions, item cards, loot, and learnin'. As well as a proper game end-to-end, an engaging story, dramatic readings of fluff, and plenty of zany Wild West action!

Posted by weeble1000 fpras

fpras wrote:
Exiles sounds like a thematic blast. I'll definitely be coming by your booth (#2757, right?), but I'd love to give it a go in person. Looks like there are still some tickets left to select Ticking Around events, but I just can't get it to fit into my schedule.

You mentioned you might be open to more events, or running an 'Exiles After Dark' game. Could something happen Saturday, say 8pm? 

Thanks man! I love the Hell out of Exiles. I have for years. It started out as a home brew RPG longer ago than I care to think about ;). What we are brining to Gen Con is a newly imagined version of the game that's easier to play alongside the crushing demands of proper full-on adult life.

I hear ya about the schedule, and we will do whatever we can to hook you up! 

Anyone interested in more Exiles events, please post in this thread.

Or shoot me an email ([email protected]).

If there's enough interest in evening Exiles events we'll ask Derek if we can add some events to the schedule.

If it's just a few peoples, well then it should be easy to plan a game with the Mindworm Games team that'll fit into your schedules.

Posted by brotherbock weeble1000

weeble1000 wrote:
I checked the Event Host materials, and the most concrete info I have is that non historical miniatures are normally multiple games in one room. And event locations will be updated when finalized. 
I expect you Gen Con vets can make a decent guess at where the NHM games will be. 
But like I said, we'll make sure folks can find us ;). 
In other news, we are hard at work making the final production molds for the Exiles products, which will be spitting out the minis we'll be playing with. 
I've started doing Facebook Live sessions while I work. Head on over if you want to get an inside view of how miniatures get made!
Here's a link

Dude, cool. How It's Made just had a segment on metal and plastic minis the other day, fascinating, looked just like that pic. That's cool that you're offering this sort of info to us. Awesome. 

Posted by weeble1000

Thanks man!

One of our goals at Mindworm Games is to not only show you what we do, but how we do it. 

Personally, I'd like to do my part to help build a community of empowered gamers that have not only the inspiration, but also the tools, skills, and most importantly the support to bring their creative visions to life. 

If you or anybody else has any questions, or if we can help in any way, please ask!

I'll be cutting those two molds on Facebook Live tomorrow evening (9:00 PM CST), if you'd like to watch. I'll put up a post about it on our Facebook page

Gratuitous link for people who can't see red.

Posted by weeble1000

Just a reminder. I'm going to cut those molds (and hopefully not my fingers!) tonight at 9 pm CST.

Check it out!

There's usually a lot of rambling about Exiles and making miniatures involved. If there's anything you want to know, I can answer your questions live!

Posted by weeble1000

I have just been updated about out event location:

All Mindworm Games Events will be in the Convention Center, Hall B: Blue, Tables 5 & 6.

We'll make sure y'all can find us!

Posted by persiandragoon

may stop by thursday afternoon game  and watch game played for a little bit. wont be able to stay all 3 hours for the event.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.