How many Gencon's?
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5
Posted by budfox

Will be the 9th for me - missed only 1 year in 10. USed to live in Indiana, now in Charlotte.

For those long-timers, a side question what is your badge number, mine is under #8700. I think the lowest I have seen was like #956 a couple years back.

Posted by hamsterpress

It will be year 27 for me. I always go to run games and did 15 years working the dealers hall. This year I'm free of that. FREE!

BTW you get in free for running enough games, which is cool.

Posted by brotherbock hamsterpress

hamsterpress wrote:
It will be year 27 for me. I always go to run games and did 15 years working the dealers hall. This year I'm free of that. FREE!
BTW you get in free for running enough games, which is cool.

No dealer hall booth? Awww. (I know the freedom feeling though. Didn't do 15 years, but I know it :)

Posted by blcahill

29 Gen Cons for me 1 in 1983 or 84 and then from 1989 to today. Exhibiting for 14 

Posted by stevespikes

I've been to every Gen Con since it moved from Milwaukee to Indianapolis, save one:
2003, 2004, 2005; 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and now 2016.

Posted by monsterforrent

Two years at Parkside, 3 in Milwaukee, then I just popped in for a single day at Indy in 2015. Very excited to be able to catch the whole thing this year. 

Posted by skippy

My first was in 1991 and I've been attending each year so that makes it... 26 years this week?

Posted by quickman99

My first was 1979 in Parkside. I loved it there. Great campus. A lot of fun. 
In two years I'll celebrate my 40th Gencon in a row.

Grew up in WI, so it was easier.  Glad Gygax lived in the great state of WI. 
For those who don't know,  Gencon stands for Lake GENeva, wisCONsin where Gary was. 

Meeting Gary that first year is still a good memory. Times have changed but I still love it. 

Posted by elvinlord

Started when they moved to Indy.  Missed a year here and there.  Probably 11 times.

Posted by blackcatmoebius

Every year since 2004.  This will be my 13th.

Posted by crispyzombie melkor

melkor wrote:
I'm sure we've kicked this around in a prior Forum, but how many Gencon's
have you folks attended? For me, this year is 33, and I haven't missed one yet.
Still as hyped as any other year.
This will be my fifth and my husbands 25th. We had to miss three only and only going for one day this year but starting next year we will be back to going for the whole time. Having a new family caused it and moving to Texas. BUT we are back in the midwest and the kids are a bit older now~!

Posted by the chronek

This was my 17th Gen Con. Started in '98, skipped '99, attended 2000 through 2014, skipped last year, made it down for about a day and a half this year.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5