Why can't we pay to have GM badges mailed?
Posted by yekrats

The title kinda sums it up. ;-)

It seems like we cannot have GM badges mailed. Am I missing something?

Posted by mikeboozer

GM badges are picked up by EO's at GM HQ.
They are available starting on Wednesday July 31 at 5 pm at GMHQ

We do not mail them as we want know if you are actually at the show. This process makes it easy to track that.
It also gives EO's time to change their list of GM's given that the badges are printed much later in the process by the fulfillment team and mailing them is the first step in that process.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC 

Posted by kidlidar

Thanks for the explanation Mike.  I was wondering this myself.  I appreciate that you took the time to explain the reason behind the policy and not just cite the policy to us.

Posted by qwaserity

Addendum to this question: Do we (GMs) pick up the badge at the GM booth and then get our event tickets in the other line?

Posted by marimaccadmin qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
Addendum to this question: Do we (GMs) pick up the badge at the GM booth and then get our event tickets in the other line?

Yes.  GMHQ will not have any event tickets you purchased.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con  LLC

Posted by yekrats mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
GM badges are picked up by EO's at GM HQ.
They are available starting on Wednesday July 31 at 5 pm at GMHQ

We do not mail them as we want know if you are actually at the show. This process makes it easy to track that.
It also gives EO's time to change their list of GM's given that the badges are printed much later in the process by the fulfillment team and mailing them is the first step in that process.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC 

Mike, thank you so much for your complete explanation. Makes total sense now!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.