Restauraunt guide, downtown and environs
Posted by rich

Maybe not the best guide, someone usually posts better, but here's 
a guide with quite a few options for eats and drinks.

Eat & Drink | Explore | Downtown Indianapolis (downtownindy.org)

Posted by e4mafia

Whatever you do, do not go to Weber Grill. You might be ahead of me in line and cause me to have to wait longer for my delicious meatloaf that I look forward to all year :)

Posted by lanogironu e4mafia

e4mafia wrote:
Whatever you do, do not go to Weber Grill. You might be ahead of me in line and cause me to have to wait longer for my delicious meatloaf that I look forward to all year :)

I almost want to suggest this seriously. Went last year on Wednesday night. Experience was awful and food not great. But they reduced everything 25% and one of the group ate for free so that might be a plus?

Posted by quarex

This is the second time I have seen a link to that guide and excitedly clicked it only to be like "seriously, an unannotated list of restaurants in Indianapolis?  Is this a webpage from 1996?"  I do grant it would probably be useful if I wanted to look at options before the convention started but damn, otherwise, there really should be a better guide out there somewhere. 

Posted by rutherfordr

Here's an interesting vegan restaurant that's about a mile north of the ICC:

Black Leaf Vegan Cafe

Posted by rutherfordr

I know what you mean about needing a better guide, though. I did a quick google search, and all I could find were recommendations and reviews from before the pandemic. :(

Posted by quarex

Yeah for real, a lot has changed since 2019.  This is part of why I have dedicated myself to staying in a different downtown hotel every time I go to Indianapolis for any reason, because I want to try to experience everything post-pandemic so I can build up my own library of recommendations in lieu of any authoritative sources, haha.

Posted by kissingeralison rich

rich wrote:
Maybe not the best guide, someone usually posts better, but here's 
a guide with quite a few options for eats and drinks.
Eat & Drink | Explore | Downtown Indianapolis (downtownindy.org)
Social Cantina (it's right around the corner!) is bringing it back the themed restaurant!!!! They are going to have themed nights with old movie marathons, they just posted! They'll have swag as well! The post said, Thursday is Star Trek, Friday is a fusion of D&D, Super Smash and Sonic, Saturday is Star Wars, Sunday is Superheroes. They redesigned their menu and have special cocktails for the weekend! Count me in for the Star Wars marathons!!!!

Posted by kissingeralison rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
I know what you mean about needing a better guide, though. I did a quick google search, and all I could find were recommendations and reviews from before the pandemic. :(

Social Cantina (it's right around the corner!) is bringing it back the themed restaurant!!!! They are going to have themed nights with old movie marathons, they just posted! They'll have swag as well! The post said, Thursday is Star Trek, Friday is a fusion of D&D, Super Smash and Sonic, Saturday is Star Wars, Sunday is Superheroes. They redesigned their menu and have special cocktails for the weekend! Count me in for the Star Wars marathons!!!!

Posted by krueger696 rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
Here's an interesting vegan restaurant that's about a mile north of the ICC:
Black Leaf Vegan Cafe
thank you for that. Been trying to find vegan options there

New Post Sign in to write a new post.