Signing up for events When you have an exhibitor badge
Posted by cybear

A couple of friends are going to Gen Con for the first time and they are funding it by working for an exhibitor and getting one of their badges.

in that case how would they do things like sign up for events and the like?

Posted by tinabear81

When I did that, I bought a 4 day badge so I could register for the events I wanted, then went through the reimbursement process for the 4 day badge once I got there.

Posted by rong tinabear81

tinabear81 wrote:
When I did that, I bought a 4 day badge so I could register for the events I wanted, then went through the reimbursement process for the 4 day badge once I got there.
This is how I have seen it done as well.

Posted by mikeboozer tinabear81

tinabear81 wrote:

This.is how to do it. Buy a 4 day. Sign up for events. When youre exhibitor or gm badge is assigned email [email protected] and tell us you  have a 4 day and another badge type and ask for a refund. Include your name, account number and email address. We will refund it in full. Must do so before June 14. After that you will need to take the 4 day to the Exhibitor or GM HQ for refund onsite. Do that on the Thursday of the Con.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by cybear mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
tinabear81 wrote:

This.is how to do it. Buy a 4 day. Sign up for events. When youre exhibitor or gm badge is assigned email [email protected] and tell us you  have a 4 day and another badge type and ask for a refund. Include your name, account number and email address. We will refund it in full. Must do so before June 14. After that you will need to take the 4 day to the Exhibitor or GM HQ for refund onsite. Do that on the Thursday of the Con.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
Thanks, I will pass that along. Once they get a refund will they not be able to sign up for events any longer? Also could they get their tickets delivered if they request a refund before June 14?

Posted by tinabear81

I was able to return some tickets and register for new things with no problems once the 4 day badge was refunded. They did something in their system that associated all the things I’d registered for using the 4 day badge with the “new” gm badge. 

Posted by roniamori

[This post has been removed]

Posted by mikeboozer cybear

cybear wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
tinabear81 wrote:

This.is how to do it. Buy a 4 day. Sign up for events. When youre exhibitor or gm badge is assigned email [email protected] and tell us you  have a 4 day and another badge type and ask for a refund. Include your name, account number and email address. We will refund it in full. Must do so before June 14. After that you will need to take the 4 day to the Exhibitor or GM HQ for refund onsite. Do that on the Thursday of the Con.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
Thanks, I will pass that along. Once they get a refund will they not be able to sign up for events any longer? Also could they get their tickets delivered if they request a refund before June 14?

As long as they have a GM or Exhibitor badge on their account they will be able to register as normal for events.

GM and Exhibitor badges are not mailed. Their tickets I believe can be mailed if they have selected mailing as long as the tickets were purchased before the fulfillment deadline. All other tickets are sent to will call. Can a GM or Exhibitor confirm that for me? Are you still able to have your tickets mailed to you if you have gotten a 4-day badge refund and have a GM/Exhibitor badge before fulfillment starts?

Mike

New Post Sign in to write a new post.