Returned tickets on gencon
Posted by mikeboozer kellishaver

kellishaver wrote:
samlamiam wrote:That kinda sucks, although I understand the logistical reasons for the problem. Maybe they should allow people to buy conflicting tickets if the second ticket is to an event that didn't hit the database until after the return deadline passed.

I agree. There are some events that got added after the shipping/returns deadline that I'd rather go to but they conflict with tickets I already have. I'd love to be able to go ahead and buy the tickets now, rather than wait until the con and hope those event are still available.I understand why Gencon doesn't want to allow people to schedule conflicting events, because it could create a logistics nightmare with returns, etc. (plus it creates a lot of unnecessary printing of paper tickets, currently). By all means, don't let people do it if it's before the return window closes, but if someone wants to do it after that, they could throw up a big warning page first, make them agree to a waiver on returns, or add a small surcharge for printing costs, etc. 
Even if it meant I couldn't return the original ticket for that time slot, I would still buy tickets for a couple events. 
Really, though, I guess the best solution is just for Gencon to continue pushing forward with e-ticketing and make that the standard. 

The issue is that tickets are live after June 16th.
They are being shipped, so they are actually in someones hands or they are in Will Call and may be already on the way to Indianapolis. So it is not possible to refund them.

Agreed, this is a huge motivator for e-ticketing. The issue is completely solved with e-tickets and we save some trees as well! 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by cmegus

Great!

I, and I know others, would be fine with a small increase in badge cost if someone was to get on this and go electronically with all tickets.

Just charge an extra $2 per badge and this is like over a hundred thousand dollars to get it done. Hell, me and my team can probably do it for half that...

G

Posted by sasnu

A paper ticket was purchased for me from someone who was picking up there tickets from Will Call, but now can't go.

Can I return the ticket onsite at Customer Service without standing in the Will Call line (my badges and tickets where shipped), or do I need to stand in the Will Call line to pick up the ticket and then go to Customer Service to return it?

Thanks!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

or do I need to stand in the Will Call line to pick up the ticket and then go to Customer Service to return it?

If you go to CS, they can get the ticket from will-call and handle the return.  You have to decide whether it’s worth waiting in the one line, which can easily be 30 mins long depending on when you go.

Posted by sasnu buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
or do I need to stand in the Will Call line to pick up the ticket and then go to Customer Service to return it?

If you go to CS, they can get the ticket from will-call and handle the return.  You have to decide whether it’s worth waiting in the one line, which can easily be 30 mins long depending on when you go.

Thanks. That's exactly the info I needed. I'll make a game time decision based on the length of the line.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.