D&D Adventurers League Grid for Gen Con 2019
Posted by wavester

While I am sure our events will start showing in the system soon (TM) we have went ahead and put our website page live so everybody can see all the event descriptions and times they run so they can start working on their schedules.

http://baldmangames.com/gen-con/

Thanks

Posted by ar6474

Ok, I was starting to get concerned  not seeing the list of your games, or your name in the list either.Our group really enjoys playing your events as they are well planned and coordinated

Posted by wavester

Glad to hear your group has a good time. We aim to please but with 7-8,000 players a year going through events at Gen Con it is still always good to hear we are doing it right.

Thanks
Dave

Posted by quirkyginger

Posted by quirkyginger

Hi!  Two questions:

1) I'm in an area that doesn't have AL - so I don't have an AL legal character.  I'm assuming that means the only events open to me are ones with L1 PCs?

2) Would love to DM for one or two of the Intro to Adventure sessions. Is that possible and/or are you open for registration yet?

Posted by wavester

1 - Correct. There are lots of online AL groups as well if you have nothing local but if not make a level 1 character and start playing. We can fill the entire show with fun even starting at 1st.

2 - We are not but should be soon (maybe even tonight).

Posted by ar6474

When can we expect to see your events in the event finder so we can add them to our wish list?

Posted by wavester

Eleventy two minutes.

Sorry I really don't know. It's all in Gen Cons hands now.

Posted by gehn

Any news on when your events are going to show up in the event grid? Still don't see them. :(

Posted by wavester

<insert shrug here>  Sorry

Posted by aegoce

I don't do AL much.  If I did Moon 2-1,2,3 last year ending at level 4 (then using the downtime rules to hit level 5), is jumping into Moon 9-1,2,3 a reasonable next step?

Posted by searingrain

That is definitely a reasonable step to make! You could have run completely unrelated Tier 1 adventures, and still hop into the MOON9 series. So having some background with the Moonshae Isles is definitely a nice positive to jump into the MOON9 Tier 2 adventures! :)

Posted by manimal

For MOON 1-1 or MOON 10-1, are we expected to have a character already created to bring or is that done at the beginning? Do we need to be signed up with D&D AL in advance?

Posted by mixmaster manimal

manimal wrote:
For MOON 1-1 or MOON 10-1, are we expected to have a character already created to bring or is that done at the beginning? Do we need to be signed up with D&D AL in advance

There is no "signup with AL in advance" You do need to create a 1st level character using point buy or the stat array. Other rules to make sure your character is "street legal" comes from the AL Players Guide on DM's Guild:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/208178/DD-Adventurers-League-Player--DM-Pack?term=play&filters=45470_0_0_0_0_0_0_0

If you want your character to feel immersed in the region, let me also let you know about the Moonshae Isles Regional Guide:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/248303/Moonshae-Isles-Regional-Guide?term=moonshaes&filters=45470_0_0_0_0_0_0_0

And if case you do not want to do that, there will be 1st level pregens that will have the regional flair on them.

Any other questions, feel free......

Posted by llenlleawg manimal

If you already have a DCI number (e.g. from playing Magic: the Gathering), then you don't need to worry. It's the same DCI for AL. If you don't have a DCI number already, you could either (a) get one before the convention or (b) get one there [you'll get a card that you will be able to use when you go online to set up your account]. In short, don't worry about it.

re: characters, what @mixmaster said.

Posted by manimal

Thanks for the info mixmaster and llenlleawg. I was wondering about the DCI number. I don't have one yet. Is it easier for everyone if I get one beforehand?

Also, can someone please explain "Seasonality" to me? Is it true that even if I haven't created the character until right before Gen Con, I won't be able to use that character in Season 9 AL events (beginning one month later in September), at least as far as getting the Season-specific items?

Posted by wavester

DCI number is optional. I will not check nor track it. I have enough crazy to deal with at the show to worry about collecting numbers I'll never use.

I cannot speak to much on it (as I'm not even sure when the last time it was I got to play D&D) but I can say that everything is non-seasonal content at Gen Con. Either part of the Red Wizards side campaign or the Moonshaes Isles regional CCC content.

Posted by tparhamjr

Curiously, GC customer service just told me they do at least one daily push of approved content into the searchable system. They heavily implied if something was in queue last week but hasn't hit yet, then they're awaiting some input from the event owners. So, either something hasn't been communicated back to the BGM team, or the BMG events are being knocked way down (or even out of) the GC web dev's update queue.

This is a major bummer, as registering for these AWESOME sessions is pretty much Top 5 in my overall life priorities right now. I'm sure Baldman et al. are crazy swamped getting ready for D&D Live this weekend, so if the BMG fanbase can help out in any way, just point us toward the objective, yeah? We crave that fresh, delicious content. We hunger. And we are legion.

Posted by wavester

All of our events are entered, marked as accepted, and have been assigned play locations (our normal space in the JW Marriott). I have emails from events with responses confirming everything is good and correct. At this point I'll try rattling some cages again but not sure why they are not showing.

Posted by tparhamjr

@Wavester. Cool deal. Figured as much. The other possibility is that I got a CS rep who isn't entirely up-to-date on the best events at the show. While *sarc*unfathomable to me personally */sarc* this does seem the most logical explanation.

We'll all be there, one way or another. And it'll be a damn fine time, to be sure. Glad to hear all is well w/ the JW - really nice space compared to that of all other con events we've been to.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.