Battletech pods
Posted by mfield

Hey,

Are the Battletech pods back this year? please please please... I did say please ... thrice:)

Posted by madoc

It's not in the event catalog, and I've not found anything online indicating the Houston or Kalamazoo groups will be participating. Fingers crossed..

Posted by aldctjoc

Mechjock - the gaming group that had done them in the past - has not mentioned Gen Con in their list of 2024 stops.

https://www.mechjock.com/2024-con-season-is-here-so-far-were-going-to-adepticon-and-cleveland-gaming-classic-in-2024/

I have no idea if that means it's totally ruled out, or that they haven't gotten their total convention schedule figured out yet, but it's been a few years since they've been at Gen Con. 

Posted by narzat

I contacted them and they are trying to work it out.  Hopefully will have news soon.

Posted by semperpaganus

Rem and Michael C. just confirmed on Catalyst's Tuesday Newsday that the pods will be there

Posted by aldctjoc

Wow. They did say that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsj5jvAdXhk#t=17m36s

Wonder how many will be there. Those pods took up a TON of space. 

That said, they'd be great to have back. Not complaining at all. 

Posted by narzat

Yup, Nickolas shared some pics of them packing up the pods and equipment for shipment recently on Facebook.  No details yet that I have seen on where they will be at Gen Con.  Presumably just generics at this point, rather than scheduled events.

Posted by rhone1

So excited to have these back!

Posted by qwaserity

How much? I need to know before I get generics.

Posted by propwash

Were back! 

Posted by quarex

Wooooooo! 

Posted by narzat

Any word re where will the pods be?

Posted by narzat

Found a post that suggested the pods will be near the Catalyst BattleTech tabletop event area.  On the map, that seems to be Hall A, in the corner closest to the JW.  Map link

Posted by nevermore00

Are they the same "program" as before or has it been updated graphically? I will still play regardless, but just curious. Always a good time!

Posted by madoc

Will they be open at all today or tonight? Will there be any slots available for folks wanting to run with heat, ammo explosions, etc.? Sessions with limits for size? I love the experience but it tends to get boring when everyone runs Daishi II..

Posted by naldarn narzat

narzat wrote:
Found a post that suggested the pods will be near the Catalyst BattleTech tabletop event area.  On the map, that seems to be Hall A, in the corner closest to the JW.  Map link
Any chance you can share a link to the post?

Posted by musivan1978

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.