5 Person rooms, 2 queens and pull out couch
Posted by schmatt

Hello fellow gamers!

I'm looking for advice on downtown area hotels (preferably connected to the skywalk) that can accommodate 5 people in one room.

Last year our group stayed at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Downtown.  We had a 2 room suite that had a front kitchen/living room area with a pullout couch and a back bedroom area that had 2 queen beds. We really liked the space and though it was about a 7-8 minute walk to the main hall it was still connected to the skyway. 

We had an relatively early reservation time last year, just before noon.  I'm hoping we can just do the same hotel again this year but if our time is later I'm looking for alternatives.  Based on what I'm seeing online many of the hotels on the skywalk only offer rooms up to 4 persons. 

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have from past years!

Posted by quarex

I checked just now and can confirm that putting "5" into the search only brings up 6 hotels, but of course any room with 2 beds could be sufficient if they also had a pull-out couch or cot. 

Posted by schmatt quarex

quarex wrote:
I checked just now and can confirm that putting "5" into the search only brings up 6 hotels, but of course any room with 2 beds could be sufficient if they also had a pull-out couch or cot. 
Where can perform this search before the housing block is open?

Posted by quarex

Oh sorry, I was checking with the VIG block. 

Posted by schmatt quarex

quarex wrote:
Oh sorry, I was checking with the VIG block. 
Would you mind me asking which 6 hotels are listed since I'm just a regular old guest ;)

Posted by austicke

If you can access Facebook, I posted the rooms available here.

Posted by schmatt

This is very helpful thanks! I can’t believe how many 5-6 person rooms are already sold out and the general public hasn’t even been granted access to them yet. Harsh!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.