Reusable rCups
Posted by fierstarter

I'm not sure where to put this, so here it is. I'm sure 99.9% of people don't care but the new reusable cups this year were a big downgrade from the rCups in the previous years.

I'd be curious to know if I'm alone in this thought.

P.S. It feels silly to complain about a cup at a board game convention...

Posted by freitag

Agree.  They hold a little more but are far less durable.

Posted by klaron

Definitely a downgrade.  We still have the black GC cup from a couple years ago and it looks great.  My wife bought this years cup and it already has chips in it.  Don't even ask me about paying $22 for the cup and then immediately have to pay $1 for the initial fill, that is lame.

Posted by mikeboozer

Noted

Mike

Posted by cloak72 mikeboozer

If I may,

Speaking solely for myself, and just to register my opinion as a solitary data point.  

I have very, very negative opinions on paying for the privilege of spending money….

just something to consider.  

Posted by quarex

Speaking solely for myself I have no idea what RCups even are, haha

Posted by nevermore00

I found my Monster Jam cup from 2019 and it still looks brand new with normal use and being in the dishwasher.

Posted by dwboley

The new cups were terrible. While I appreciate that they were bigger,  we bought 4 of them at Lucas Oil Stadium and sat in the seats there to eat the food from the food trucks. All 4 got pretty badly scratched up on the first use because we used the stadium cup holders. And it didn't come with a reusable lid...very disappointed. 

Posted by dwboley quarex

quarex wrote:
Speaking solely for myself I have no idea what RCups even are, haha
The r.cups were the previous cups (that was the brand). We bought some last year, and they came with a reusable lid and straw, and were $7 cheaper,  though slightly smaller.

Posted by 167298 mikeboozer

Hey! I work with an eco friendly company that makes customizable reusable silicone cups and would love to see if we can work with Gencon/ICC for next year's customized Gencon cups. Do you know who I would reach out to for further discussion? Or can you pass along my info- 541.550.7255 ext 419
Thanks! 

Posted by mikeboozer 167298

167298 wrote:Hey! I work with an eco friendly company that makes customizable reusable silicone cups and would love to see if we can work with Gencon/ICC for next year's customized Gencon cups. Do you know who I would reach out to for further discussion? Or can you pass along my info- 541.550.7255 ext 419
Thanks! 
send a note to [email protected] have them forward it to me. I'll point you in the right direction.

Mike

New Post Sign in to write a new post.