Auction
Posted by jerrytel qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
Will the consignment hall still be next to the auction hall? I believe I saw the auction was now in a hotel?

Yes - the store and the live auction will still be in the same room/adjacent. There will be a bit of a different set-up with the extra space.

Posted by boomerbryce jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
I cannot log in or retrieve myt password...

I believe everything has been reset - have you tried creating a new account? 
I have and I never get an email.  Is there a way to erase my avvounts anbd start over?

OK - I just sent you a message via the Gen Con system - send me an email at that address. I am assuming you checked your spam and all that. I am just a middle man with the software/computer guy so please be patient but we will get you sorted.Jerry
I cannot find thwt email either -- Cn you send it to op***23@gmail?  

Maybe try to register a new account with a different email address?I am unable to do much more - if you look in the 'my messages' section under your profile picture in the gen con menu you should have a message there with my email.
Jerry

I tried to make a new account- Different adderss.  It said that my account already exists.  I tried to resert the password oin both accounts and it keeps me in a loop (ask to reset the password, get the email, click the link to reset and it sends me to the place wher I click to renew a password..

Posted by abasyn

Something I am wondering and have for a while but haven't thought to ask about it, is there a place where I can view a list of items being auctioned, once they have been complied.  I know there is a broad timetable for categories but I wasn't sure if a specific list would be available, I tend to be more motivated if something I'm hyped about is being auctioned.  Otherwise I will just be pleasantly surprised, in the categories that I like when something does come up lol 

Posted by jerrytel abasyn

abasyn wrote:
Something I am wondering and have for a while but haven't thought to ask about it, is there a place where I can view a list of items being auctioned, once they have been complied.  I know there is a broad timetable for categories but I wasn't sure if a specific list would be available, I tend to be more motivated if something I'm hyped about is being auctioned.  Otherwise I will just be pleasantly surprised, in the categories that I like when something does come up lol 

What we will have is a list of items that sellers have said they will bring to sell at the auction. We would still have no clue if these items are actually brought to the auction to be sold.

I think we can probably put out a general list of the items we have but to say this item will definitely be there is not something we can guarantee.

I hope that makes sense.

JT

Posted by kevinrg abasyn

abasyn wrote:
Something I am wondering and have for a while but haven't thought to ask about it, is there a place where I can view a list of items being auctioned, once they have been complied.  

No.

Even if there was one, you still have items that are registered but never brought in nor would they know which time slot they would be in if there were multiple time slots for that items category.

The best you will get is that the items that are in the current category time slot are staged in the front and towards the end of that time slot, they bring out the next categories items.   At least you can make a determination then if you want to stay based on what is coming up.    

Edit : Guess Jerry was typing while I was typing...

Posted by abasyn

Thats pretty much in line with what I expected as I hadn't ever seen a list despite doing this for years, but good to know, nonetheless.  Personally love going to the auction one of my favorite things at Gencon every year.  My friends are always baffled by the things I find and I always try to get them to come out to it but they never do.  Hell most of them didn't even realize there was an auction until I started going and when asked what I was looking forward to I was like oh the auction sounds neat...they collectively blinked and were like wtf there's an auction.  Sorry hand to ramble there for a minute lol 

PS also love Garth Marenghi's Darkplace 

Posted by jerrytel abasyn

abasyn wrote:
Thats pretty much in line with what I expected as I hadn't ever seen a list despite doing this for years, but good to know, nonetheless.  Personally love going to the auction one of my favorite things at Gencon every year.  My friends are always baffled by the things I find and I always try to get them to come out to it but they never do.  Hell most of them didn't even realize there was an auction until I started going and when asked what I was looking forward to I was like oh the auction sounds neat...they collectively blinked and were like wtf there's an auction.  Sorry hand to ramble there for a minute lol 
PS also love Garth Marenghi's Darkplace 

Don't tell Won Ton!

This is the first year we decided to post tentative auction times in the program book so who knows what other innovations we may try in the next few months.

As Kevin also correctly mentioned, we have a hard time even saying IF an item shows up WHEN it will be auctioned other than miniatures, CCGs, and what we would know to be collectibles with most other categories having multiple expected time slots.

What we will do is look at the number of items submitted for each category and try to finalize that schedule going in. 

JT

Posted by boomerbryce boomerbryce

boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:

I have and I never get an email.  Is there a way to erase my avvounts anbd start over?

OK - I just sent you a message via the Gen Con system - send me an email at that address. I am assuming you checked your spam and all that. I am just a middle man with the software/computer guy so please be patient but we will get you sorted.Jerry

Maybe try to register a new account with a different email address?I am unable to do much more - if you look in the 'my messages' section under your profile picture in the gen con menu you should have a message there with my email.
Jerry
I tried to make a new account- Different adderss.  It said that my account already exists.  I tried to resert the password oin both accounts and it keeps me in a loop (ask to reset the password, get the email, click the link to reset and it sends me to the place wher I click to renew a password..

I am in -- It tells me to register my profile -- I hacve tried to save and it is not working..  It says new profile at the top --  try to save and it just has ne ==me fill it out again.

Posted by jerrytel boomerbryce

boomerbryce wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:

Jerry
I am in -- It tells me to register my profile -- I hacve tried to save and it is not working..  It says new profile at the top --  try to save and it just has ne ==me fill it out again.

Yea - sorry you keep going in circles - if you can send me your email address via the messages on this website (My Messages) - I can send that email to Bruce to see if he can find the issue. Since you cannot update your profile I cannot see your account in the view that I am able to access.

Jerry

jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
boomerbryce wrote:

Jerry

Yea - sorry you keep going in circles - if you can send me your email address via the messages on this website (My Messages) - I can send that email to Bruce to see if he can find the issue. Since you cannot update your profile I cannot see your account in the view that I am able to access.Jerry

Bryce:  I manually added your account.  If you can login you should now be able to edit your profile and correct the dummy address I entered for you.  Please let me know if this works for you or not!
Sorry about all the problems.

Posted by hahnarama

>>>2. Drop Off hours and other policies from previous years will still be in place at this time.

So what are the hours? I've looked and can't find them. I'm interested in what time can I show up to drop my games off for the store? 

Thanks in advance.

Posted by jerrytel hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
>>>2. Drop Off hours and other policies from previous years will still be in place at this time.
So what are the hours? I've looked and can't find them. I'm interested in what time can I show up to drop my games off for the store? 
Thanks in advance.

https://livegameauctions.com/2023/04/16/gen-con-2023-schedule/

Item Drop Off
Reminder: You will need your badge before you come to the auction!
Wednesday Noon – 6pm
Thursday 10am – 8pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
(Consignment store items only – and dependent upon inventory)

Posted by hahnarama

awesome! and thanks. 

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
rogersba wrote:
Did anyone get email receipts from purchases at the charity auction last year? I would normally have them, but I don't see them for 2022. I think the credit card transactions came across as "SQ* THE PARTNERSHIP" and are marked as gift/donation on the transaction, but there's always been an email in past years.

While there may have been a time in previous years where charity receipts were emailed (maybe on request), nothing was in place to do so in 2022.Jerry

Hey, Jerry, I am planning on listing a number of Eisenwerk lead space game minis in their original plastic sealed bags, plus some Grenadier minis from the same time frame (1978). Any advice on how to list these? Individually, in small groups? There are about 13 Eisenwerks and 10 Grenadier bags.

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

Guess I should also ask how well Magic The Gathering Dual Lands sell at auction as well.

Posted by cellblock oldcurmudgeonstudios

oldcurmudgeonstudios wrote:
Guess I should also ask how well Magic The Gathering Dual Lands sell at auction as well.

Probably just fine, but there's also no shortage of vendors you could just sell them to.

Posted by jerrytel oldcurmudgeonstudios

oldcurmudgeonstudios wrote:
jerrytel wrote:
rogersba wrote:
Did anyone get email receipts from purchases at the charity auction last year? I would normally have them, but I don't see them for 2022. I think the credit card transactions came across as "SQ* THE PARTNERSHIP" and are marked as gift/donation on the transaction, but there's always been an email in past years.

While there may have been a time in previous years where charity receipts were emailed (maybe on request), nothing was in place to do so in 2022.Jerry

Hey, Jerry, I am planning on listing a number of Eisenwerk lead space game minis in their original plastic sealed bags, plus some Grenadier minis from the same time frame (1978). Any advice on how to list these? Individually, in small groups? There are about 13 Eisenwerks and 10 Grenadier bags.

I am hardly an expert on such things but if you have older items in original packaging - probably worth putting them up individually - I know the older stuff seems to have taken off in demand.

I would always recommend checking out the past auction listings and trying to see what similar items have gone for.

The biggest consideration would be 23 separate lots for the live auction which would cost $46 in listing fees...so that should be a consideration as well.

Regarding individual and in demand magic cards - they seem to sell well as we always have targeted audience for that session but whether or not the prices compare to what you could get with a buyer - I cannot say. Again - check the prior auctions maybe.

Good Luck

JT

Posted by kevinrg

Assuming they are all different and not 13 and 10 of the same mini.  In that case, I'd be more prone to put into small lots.    

I'm not sure I've seen any Eisenwerk stuff sell recently.  Actually, using the auction search tool nothing 'Eisenwerk' comes up.   HTF I believe which, sometimes is a good thing and sometimes because there just was never a demand even years later.  Tough call on that one.  Might be prone to dividing into factions/groups.

Grenadier depends on what they are really.

Posted by ubermx

Less than 1 month- TOVA!

Posted by quarex

It is not too late for everyone reading this to bust out their strangest gaming-related collectables for T.O.V.A.!!!

(TO-VA)

(TO-VA)

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 2 4