Unable to go after refund deadline
Posted by kalila

I missed the deadline to get my badge refund. Is there any other options for me? Transfer? Credit for future gen con? Anything? Thanks! 

Posted by austicke

Nope, not that I'm aware.

Posted by mbeauparland

Maybe contact customer service? With a suitable sad story they may be merciful. Or maybe not. But I'd start by contacting them....

Posted by kamiblakrow

If you have a four day I'm sure since they are sold out someone would gladly buy it from you.... *cough*me*cough*

Posted by kalila kamiblakrow

kamiblakrow wrote:
If you have a four day I'm sure since they are sold out someone would gladly buy it from you.... *cough*me*cough*
I thought they are non transferable. But I may be wrong. If you want to try to figure something out, can you send me your email?

Posted by roderick

They are non-transferable. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator; Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by quarex

Wait so there is no way to get a badge refund for system credit? Is that something you can only do if you end up with two badges like I kept doing? Good to know, I would have assumed you could return it for credit if you did not pick it up or something.

Posted by austicke quarex

quarex wrote:Wait so there is no way to get a badge refund for system credit?

You can return badges up until pre-registration ends, which was July 2 this year.

Posted by kamiblakrow roderick

roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

I get that they are "non-transferable" but considering the unprecedented sell out of 4 day passes, my willingness to buy said four day pass, and his inability to go, you would think that it would be in gen-con's best interest to let this go down, even if it was something like "you can buy from us his four-day that he is unable to use from us" you will get both his money (which he can't get back now, btw) and my money (which I want to give you) how does that not work out for you?

As it stands now, I bought a Saturday pass. If the idea of having so many single day passes and not enough 4 days was to get people to buy multiple single days, I feel like that's not happening; they will just slam it all into one day rather than pay twice as much for 2 or 3.

Posted by squirecam kamiblakrow

kamiblakrow wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

I get that they are "non-transferable" but considering the unprecedented sell out of 4 day passes, my willingness to buy said four day pass, and his inability to go, you would think that it would be in gen-con's best interest to let this go down, even if it was something like "you can buy from us his four-day that he is unable to use from us" you will get both his money (which he can't get back now, btw) and my money (which I want to give you) how does that not work out for you?As it stands now, I bought a Saturday pass. If the idea of having so many single day passes and not enough 4 days was to get people to buy multiple single days, I feel like that's not happening; they will just slam it all into one day rather than pay twice as much for 2 or 3.
thus won't work. You can't buy tickets in your name with another's badge. Once the id's don't natch you could be tossed out.

my advice - if you want to go buy all the single day badges while you still can. 

Posted by garhkal kamiblakrow

kamiblakrow wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

I get that they are "non-transferable" but considering the unprecedented sell out of 4 day passes, my willingness to buy said four day pass, and his inability to go, you would think that it would be in gen-con's best interest to let this go down, even if it was something like "you can buy from us his four-day that he is unable to use from us" you will get both his money (which he can't get back now, btw) and my money (which I want to give you) how does that not work out for you?As it stands now, I bought a Saturday pass. If the idea of having so many single day passes and not enough 4 days was to get people to buy multiple single days, I feel like that's not happening; they will just slam it all into one day rather than pay twice as much for 2 or 3.

But if they set a precedent by allowing a one time exemption for you, then every other person that clambors for an exemption will have the example already set..

Posted by kalila garhkal

garhkal wrote:
kamiblakrow wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

But if they set a precedent by allowing a one time exemption for you, then every other person that clambors for an exemption will have the example already set..
I don't understand why they aren't transferable. I am not arguing for an exception,  but what is the reason for the rule?  Is it just about more money for gen con?  It makes sense why it can't be transferred after being used the first day,  but it is frustrating that it can't be sold or even given to someone who can use it. 

Posted by david campbell kalila

kalila wrote:
garhkal wrote:
kamiblakrow wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

I don't understand why they aren't transferable. I am not arguing for an exception,  but what is the reason for the rule?  Is it just about more money for gen con?  It makes sense why it can't be transferred after being used the first day,  but it is frustrating that it can't be sold or even given to someone who can use it. 

My two cents; I think it's probably they have never sold out before, so there isn't a process for doing so... it's unprecedented. Yes, it would be great given the circumstances now if they could do so, but without a process they can't do so... and creating one on the fly isn't a very good idea.

Posted by squirecam kalila

kalila wrote:
garhkal wrote:
kamiblakrow wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

Lets say you do something stupid, and get kicked out of the con. You get another badge from someone else and come back in. How would they keep track?

Or a group of 3 friends keep swapping badges for their group of 8. Every time three people enter, the third man leaves and brings in two more.

You must have a badge at all times. That badge must be in you own name. It prevents things just like this from happening.

Posted by kalila squirecam

squirecam wrote:
kalila wrote:
garhkal wrote:
kamiblakrow wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson

Lets say you do something stupid, and get kicked out of the con. You get another badge from someone else and come back in. How would they keep track?Or a group of 3 friends keep swapping badges for their group of 8. Every time three people enter, the third man leaves and brings in two more.
You must have a badge at all times. That badge must be in you own name. It prevents things just like this from happening.
​That is why I can see not transferring after the badge is received or activated or whatever. But as gen con hasn't started,  why can't it be permanently transferred to a new name? Once the badge is used by John Smith, only John can use it. But until then, John can sell it to Jane Doe and the same rules apply; only Jane can use it once it has been activated the first time at gen con.

Posted by glory kalila

​That is why I can see not transferring after the badge is received or activated or whatever. But as gen con hasn't started,  why can't it be permanently transferred to a new name? Once the badge is used by John Smith, only John can use it. But until then, John can sell it to Jane Doe and the same rules apply; only Jane can use it once it has been activated the first time at gen con.

That would only work if the badges themselves had unique identifiers that were activated or deactivated based on that unique ID. I get this badge with unique ID xxxxxx1 and then I activate it at some point and boom, I can use it at Gen Con. 

As it stands, the customer is tied directly to the unique identifier and the badge is not activated or deactivated in any way except that it is tied directly the customer. 

So John's badge is just a badge and will always remain tied to him personally. It is why people cannot buy multiple badges without friending someone first. The friend has a unique ID that their badge can then be tied to. 

If badges were scanned at events (like at disney world) and tickets were stored on them digitally or something then it wouldn't really matter who the badge was tied to as the badge itself would be all you'd need for entry. 

I think... 

Maybe I'm not making sense. 

Posted by garhkal

And since they are linked to each user's login, it would create more headaches than it solves imo, to allow for them to be transferred between people..

Posted by alans

...and prevents or at least greatly limits scalping...

Posted by garhkal

Has gencon ever had an issue with scalping??

Posted by squirecam garhkal

garhkal wrote:
Has gencon ever had an issue with scalping??
psst...you need some dice. I got gold dice. Red dice. How about blue?

Sign in to write a new post. New Post