Housing block "live news coverage"
Posted by squirecam nomicon

nomicon wrote:
naw... a 90 refund won't cover out of block cost per night difference, let alone 3 day minimum on a connecting hotel.
Canceling is more out of spite really since they went lottery.

why not look for a roommate if you can’t afford to go by yourself?

Posted by brotherbock cgheysek

cgheysek wrote:
Interesting.  My Firefox will not allow me past the Facebook Log In page and gives no options other than create account or Login.  Oh well, too late for me this year.  But perhaps next year Alec can include more than just the Facebook crowd.  Thanks to him for providing the updates anyway.  It is a useful service. 

Huh. Yeah, Firefox on Android, both tablet and phone, shows this...

Posted by brotherbock nomicon

nomicon wrote:
naw... a 90 refund won't cover out of block cost per night difference, let alone 3 day minimum on a connecting hotel.
Canceling is more out of spite really since they went lottery.

Out of spite because they changed the makeup of the Haves? (For every person who 'always got a downtown room before', there is a person who 'never got a downtown room before')

Also, spite doesn't really do much when badges sell out. Nothing against you as a person, but Gencon isn't going to miss you or your money. Your spite move is, literally, not hurting them at all.

Posted by funny-shaped dice austicke

austicke wrote:If someone wants to take on the task of copying the updates here next year (like someone did last year), I certainly welcome it.

that was me last year.

Sorry gang, I had visitors st the house today and couldn't get to it this year.

Like, brotherbock above, I just navigated to Alec's link and did the copy-pasta thing. I'm not a Facebook User.

Posted by nomicon

Bock, Spite probably the wrong word. Meant it as to imply just saying F-it without saying it. With a lot of gear, anything not within reasonable walk just makes attending more of a chore than a vacation for me. Again, old legs. There are years I'll drive up and just spend a saturday or sunday though. Its a fun convention all things said and done. Been going off and on since 2004 or so.

Posted by brotherbock nomicon

nomicon wrote:
Bock, Spite probably the wrong word. Meant it as to imply just saying F-it without saying it. With a lot of gear, anything not within reasonable walk just makes attending more of a chore than a vacation for me. Again, old legs. There are years I'll drive up and just spend a saturday or sunday though. Its a fun convention all things said and done. Been going off and on since 2004 or so.

Gotcha. Definitely makes sense then. Cost-benefit is always relevant :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.