Housing block "live news coverage"
Posted by austicke

Like usual, I'm providing "live news coverage" today on Facebook. You can see updates here.

Posted by squirecam

Thank you

Posted by breye

Above and beyond Alec.

Posted by cgheysek

I found this info very helpful last year which was available in this forum. Such a shame this information this year is only on Facebook. Not a Facebook user so I’m locked out on getting any housing updates. 

Posted by inspectah9d9

my friends are losing hope as i relay the messages on hotels being sold out on the page. didnt want to have to drive back and forth but thats looking like what itll be now. thanks for the updates though, much appreciated because now they can stop waiting till their 7pm time slot to look at other options. 

Posted by squirecam

For those unable to see Facebook, there Are only 5 downtown hotels with space left.

Posted by cgheysek

Thanks for the info!  Maybe next year we can have the full information shared on the regular Forum.  I know I'm not the only one who boycotts Facebook.

Posted by tinabear81

I think all the downtown rooms are gone at this point. I almost got one, but got kicked out.

Posted by brotherbock

Facebook is the ultimate low effort method of communication. Put the burden on other people to get the news you want to communicate.

That said, thanks to Alec for the updates, and for making them viewable to those without FB logins.

Posted by squirecam

And it’s sold out.

Posted by cgheysek

Can I ask where you saw those updates from Alec without Facebook?

Posted by brotherbock cgheysek

cgheysek wrote:

I clicked on the link. I have no FB login, but Firefox took me to the page and let me see it. Albeit with a "Do you want to login?" bar at the bottom.

Posted by cgheysek

Interesting.  My Firefox will not allow me past the Facebook Log In page and gives no options other than create account or Login.  Oh well, too late for me this year.  But perhaps next year Alec can include more than just the Facebook crowd.  Thanks to him for providing the updates anyway.  It is a useful service. 

Posted by tinabear81 brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
cgheysek wrote:

I clicked on the link. I have no FB login, but Firefox took me to the page and let me see it. Albeit with a "Do you want to login?" bar at the bottom.
It's telling me I have to log in to see it.

Posted by austicke

Sorry for those not on Facebook who couldn't see the updates. If someone wants to take on the task of copying the updates here next year (like someone did last year), I certainly welcome it.

Downtown rooms lasted longer this year due to access times being more spread out.

Posted by cgheysek

Thanks so much, Alec!! 

Posted by austicke

Happy to help.

Posted by nomicon

I just booked Thurs-Sunday at Hampton Inn Indy Downtown. (king)
My start time was 2:16 and was screwed seeing available downtown for all the days for any skywalk types.
While pondering just refunding... I changed the default search for #guests from 1 to "2"
...that made Hampton show up in the sort near to far. Not ideal for these old legs but it will suffice.

Posted by quarex

Surely after one year of refunding you could afford an out-of-block room instead?

Posted by nomicon

naw... a 90 refund won't cover out of block cost per night difference, let alone 3 day minimum on a connecting hotel.
Canceling is more out of spite really since they went lottery.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.