Rooms DO become available, just keep checking
1 2 4 6
1 2 4 6
Posted by katyspray

Got a Deluxe Double/ Double at the Sheraton! it really DOES work!

Posted by brotherbock katyspray

katyspray wrote:

Do you need the double/double, or would a King work for you too? I've got a King at the Hilton Garden, same distance as the Sheraton from the Con Center, my group of 4 would love two beds. Hilton Garden is $200/night, I have it Wed-Mon. Just let me know.

Posted by katyspray brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
katyspray wrote:

Do you need the double/double, or would a King work for you too? I've got a King at the Hilton Garden, same distance as the Sheraton from the Con Center, my group of 4 would love two beds. Hilton Garden is $200/night, I have it Wed-Mon. Just let me know.
yes! a King would work just fine for us! Our reservation is also wed-sun. 

I do do not know the process for trading, but I would be happy to oblige! 

katyspray wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
katyspray wrote:

yes! a King would work just fine for us! Our reservation is also wed-sun. I do do not know the process for trading, but I would be happy to oblige! 

Aaahhh! Awesome :) What is the nightly rate on the room you've got? The Deluxe part I don't know about, but someone else here had mentioned a Sheraton room around the $255 per night after tax range. If that's what you've got, we're in, let's do it :) (If it's a lot more than that, I'd have to talk to my roomies first.) 

My email is REDACTED. Shoot me an email with your room rate when you can. 

Swapping process is easy--you call housing, give them the name of the person you're giving your room to. Then the other person calls to confirm and give a credit card number, and it's done. 

EDIT: Oh, just to make sure...did you mean you have Sunday night reserved too? So Monday checkout? 

Posted by katyspray

Email sent with details and answers! 

Posted by katyspray

Posted by britbrit

Just released a double/double at Sheraton four blocks from con. Keep an eye out. 

Posted by gswest

Thanks Britbrit! I picked it up! :-)

katyspray wrote:
Email sent with details and answers! 

Thanks for being great people! :) I've informed my people that no one will be on the floor this year. They can stop quoting Danny Glover Lethal Weapon lines to me about 'being too old' now...

Posted by britbrit gswest

gswest wrote:
Thanks Britbrit! I picked it up! :-)

Yay! Congrats!

Posted by britbrit

There is a hotel available that is 6 blocks from convention center 

Posted by onelittlemoment

It's already gone. :(

I clicked into it about a minute ago and got the timeout eror. 

Posted by britbrit onelittlemoment

onelittlemoment wrote:
It's already gone. :(
I clicked into it about a minute ago and got the timeout eror. 
I'm still seeing it.
try searching for dates 3-7 and 2 people. 

Posted by komoridarkclaw

I see the 6 blocks away when searching Aug 3-8 for 4 people (Home2 Suites) currently for those interested

Posted by komoridarkclaw

Just saw a Sheraton room available 4 blocks away (someone grabbed it while I was looking)
Keep on looking if you still need a room downtown. You never know when one will pop up!

Posted by aehrlon

YES, I saw that one as well, though in order for it to show up I had to uncheck the box of "View Available Rooms Only" and then manually click on each hotel "Show availability" manually.   For each close hotel that otherwise looked as if it's booked.  Hopefully Q-Rooms will fix this...

Posted by sh4d0w0fw4r

So doing my morning scroll through the hotels(manually checking each of them) and saw something I thought was different. Several of the airport hotels had only friday marked as unavailable and neither Thursday or Saturday appeared to be wait listed. Found this odd and mildly irritating. I did not see this in any of the other hotels. Have other people seen this or am I seeing a glitch of some kind?

Posted by truelink

Yeah, I see it too. While it could be that they didn't give an equal number of rooms to each night. Friday is probably just the highest demand night for airport hotels. Many people fly in for GenCon for the weekend, plus they are still managing the business customers from the week. It sucks that it locks makes sense. =/

Posted by rodoubleb

You should be able to (easily I think) find outlying motels outside of the block at similar prices.  At least I have in the past, and had friends who booked late last year.

Posted by turnwajj

Earlier this morning, I was able to get a King at the JW Marriott. It really does work!!!!  Each day I would check once or twice at random times and today I feel like I won the lottery. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4 6
1 2 4 6