Who is going to GENCON 2016
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5
Posted by del_grande garhkal

garhkal wrote:
So Del_Grande..  Where in Columbus have you decided to relocate to??  I am on the E/SE side, in Reynoldsburg..

You misunderstand.  "Back to Columbus" means I'm going to Origins instead of GenCon this year.  (I live in California, and going to both is too much of a dent on my budget.)   I attended Origins somewhat regularly going back to 1985 (including 1988, when GenCon (when it was still in Milwaukee) hosted it, and trust me, the hotel problems GenCon has now were nothing compared to 1988), but decided to go to GenCon last year as (a) a number of companies said they were abandoning Origins for GenCon, and (b) it was the week before the WBC con in Pennsylvania.

Posted by xanathon

I'm going after taking a year off from GenCon

Posted by falrinth

I am not going this year after 20 plus years straight. This new hotel system has not been good. The cost is crazy for badges and hotels.

Posted by laurenj1969

Nope - trying to find a replacement vacation.  Don't worry Marimacc, I won't ask again.  Will try to find more amenable folk to ask for suggestions.

Posted by citizenluke

I am going. I didn't get a downtown hotel but, everything in perspective, I still get to attend an awesome game convention. It means our choices of where to eat are broadened due to the fact we'll be mobile. It also means we'll save a boatload of money on hotel costs.

I know this is a day that a lot of negative stuff gets posted so I wanted to be different. Please don't troll me for having a positive attitude about my vacation. 

Posted by jerrytel

We lost the lotto this year...trying to convince the group to cancel our events and make other plans. Been attending since 1994, just not worth the effort anymore.

Posted by garhkal del_grande

del_grande wrote:
garhkal wrote:
So Del_Grande..  Where in Columbus have you decided to relocate to??  I am on the E/SE side, in Reynoldsburg..

You misunderstand.  "Back to Columbus" means I'm going to Origins instead of GenCon this year.  (I live in California, and going to both is too much of a dent on my budget.)   I attended Origins somewhat regularly going back to 1985 (including 1988, when GenCon (when it was still in Milwaukee) hosted it, and trust me, the hotel problems GenCon has now were nothing compared to 1988), but decided to go to GenCon last year as (a) a number of companies said they were abandoning Origins for GenCon, and (b) it was the week before the WBC con in Pennsylvania.

Ah..  Thought you were on about moving itself...  And since i thankfully Live in the area, i hit both!!  :)  :)  :)
falrinth wrote:
I am not going this year after 20 plus years straight. This new hotel system has not been good. The cost is crazy for badges and hotels.

Have you looked into volunteering/Gming events to help reduce that cost??

Posted by ematuskey

I have a nice room 10 miles out, right off the highway (lost the lottery), but it looks like most of the friends I was going with are deciding not to go for various reasons, so I'll probably miss this year (the airfare from the west coast etc is just too high to go by myself, even though I'm sure I'd have a great time).  Hopefully I'll have a group for next year, even if things will probably be even crazier with the anniversary.

Keep doing what you're doing, Gen Con--even though I didn't win the lottery, I still think it's the best solution for the crazy amount of demand! 

Posted by melkor

I'm in, mostly playing Pathfinder. Be my 33rd without a miss.

Posted by bushmaster

This will be my first.  Been wanting to go for a very long time but finally going! 

Posted by rbernd bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
This will be my first.  Been wanting to go for a very long time but finally going! 

Congrats and Welcome!

Posted by ematuskey bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:

Woot--have a great time!  4 days of gaming, huge dealers' room, consignment shop, sooo many tasty food trucks, True Dungeon, etc--it'll be awesome!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5