How to create a gaming group?
Posted by m-evans

I know it has been mentioned in the past on the forums that groups of individuals could create a gaming group to run events under.  I don't remember how to do this and I haven't found the information on the GenCon website so far.  If someone could tell me how or point me in the right direction on where I could find this information that would be great. Thank you!

Posted by parody

When you submit an event, there's a Gaming Group blank.  Put the name of your group there.  That's it.

If your group has multiple GMs, typically you'd have one person (the Event Organizer, or EO) submit all of the group's events so they all have the same group name and primary contact.  The event form has a spot to put the email addresses of the GMs so those are recorded properly.

Posted by m-evans

That is much easier than I thought it would be.  Thank you.

Posted by derekguder

Glad to hear it. We do actually try to be as simple and straightforward as we can :)

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sabel

Very easy process, fast and love the ability to duplicate events to just make time changes for GMs. 
One of my GMs no longer uses the email on their listed account and they can not long into the account due to forgotten password what can they do?

Posted by derekguder

If someone can't access their account, have them contact [email protected].

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by manbat41

Each year I keep doing things wrong. Been running events at Gen Con for several years and everyone talks about the GM badge. Is that a thing? If so I can't seem to find out what it entails or where to go to register for such a thing. Can someone let me know. Thanks. 

Mickey
The Polyhedral Knights

Posted by noone manbat41

manbat41 wrote:
Each year I keep doing things wrong. Been running events at Gen Con for several years and everyone talks about the GM badge. Is that a thing? If so I can't seem to find out what it entails or where to go to register for such a thing. Can someone let me know. Thanks. 
Mickey
The Polyhedral Knights
the hosting policy starting on page 17

Posted by manbat41 noone

miked wrote:
manbat41 wrote:
Mickey
The Polyhedral Knights
the hosting policy starting on page 17
Thanks!!!!

Posted by marimaccadmin

Also, to be clear, you can be a gaming group of one; you just have to decide on a group name and add it to your event listings.  Do review the EHP, as noted above, but there's no process you have to go through to register your gaming group or anything like that.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.