Discord Channel
Posted by merryshari

Is there a discord channel set up for communicating with our players?

Posted by derekguder

Not really, no - it would be redundant with the event messaging tool and less effective, since there isn't a way to filter it to just the folks signed up for your specific event.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by drew_caldwell

From today's email, 

• =10.5ptIf you are looking for last minute players to fill seats, head over to our Gen Con Discord server and go to the #looking-for-players channel under the Events section.

Where is this?

When you have a moment, thanks

Posted by drew_caldwell

If you are looking for last minute players to fill seats, head over to our Gen Con Discord server and go to the #looking-for-players channel under the Events section. 

Text in email was white

Posted by merryshari drew_caldwell

drew_caldwell wrote:

If you are looking for last minute players to fill seats, head over to our Gen Con Discord server and go to the #looking-for-players channel under the Events section. 

How do I find the Gen Con server?

Posted by gmsteve

The Gen Con Discord server will not be available until next week according to the website and is to be used a few hours before the event, not several days. This makes it less useful than we'd like.

Stephen

ps. Hi Drew!

Posted by derekguder

The Discord server will launch on Monday, so you'll have plenty of time to get used it to before the convention.

I'm not sure what you mean by "to be used a few hours before the event" - perhaps you are thinking of the event messaging tool, and our recommendation that you share the individual session access information approximately 30 minutes before an event is scheduled to begin?

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by eternusiv

Just taking a prep breather to say thank you again and good luck everyone!!

The Discord server may be a nice touch juuuust in case people bail at the last second and I've had to think a little in advance on how that might effect prep (just like a normal live con!)

I have a feeling the beauty of Generics and being in the same room with onlookers will be missed to stem those little chaotic moments :p

Posted by derekguder

The Discord is there to help replicate some of that chaotic energy of seeing folks who are part of so many games all around you, and you can use that to find games that still need players or pick-up games, so you'll get at least some of that hit of using generics on something you hadn't originally planned for :)

And thanks! We're all very excited to see what happens in just a few days. We're bolding going where we've never gone before, and it's been great to see how many attendees are totally along for that right.

I hope you have a blast over the weekend!

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mythandir

What is the address for the discord server. Has it been published yet?

Posted by derekguder

It launched earlier today: discord.gg/gencon

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mythandir

Thanks.

Posted by sablespoke derekguder

[This post has been removed]

Posted by johnsjvi95

[This post has been removed]