Can you use Paypal to pay for the extra fee charged for an event?
Posted by dougseipel

The video says mail a check or wire, but is PayPal an option?

Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

You cannot use PayPal to pay for anything at Gen Con, but to clarify, the reference for a check or wire transfer is not to pay for an event fee, but to get the payment for the fee you have added to your event, based on tickets turned in.

Direct deposit is available, but not PayPal.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by meldh

It would be great if, sometime, a way of getting money to people outside the US could be found that wasn't as prohibitively expensive as check/wire transfer. It's fine when we're running at physical GenCon and getting a badge out of it, but it's one among several reasons we're not running at GC Online; if we charged a couple of (extra) bucks per player, by the time wire transfer/check deposit fees had come out of it, there'd be nothing left. (I wouldn't expect direct deposit to be available for non-US bank accounts; please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Posted by derekguder

Direct deposit is available, but availability for that may depend on region. I believe it's not strictly US-only, at least, as I think we've done it for Canada and the UK.

We'd love to have more options, as well, but we are limited by what our system can support and what our Finance team can manage.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by meldh

Ah, handy to know, thanks. As noted, it wasn't the only factor this time but maybe we'll look into it if GC winds up being online next year too (fingers crossed that it isn't, obviously). Cheers!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.