GM Badge Question
Posted by hendelbolaf

I have sent an email to Derek, Mariane, and all of the other wonderful folks at Gen Con customer service, but I thought I might ask here as well.

I have run events every year that I attended Gen Con and in the beginning I would just get my badge, get my event tickets, and run my games and attend the convention. I have always turned my tickets into GM HQ on time and what I used to do was to request a reimbursement within two weeks of the end of the convention. That always worked fine.

Last year, I made a company name and submitted events under that and bought my badge as normal. Then, however, I went on and requested a GM badge and Gen Con refunded my badge purchase amount and only shipped me my event tickets. I had to pick up my GM badge at GM HQ on Wednesday night, no problem!

This year I went to get a badge and it let me get my badge, but it would not allow me to chose any shipping options and said that I must pick my badge up at Will Call. I do NOT want to do that as those lines are ridiculous!

How can I get it so that I can get my badge to be a GM badge and to pick it up at GM HQ?

As a note, I have not yet submitted my events so maybe that is preventing me from seeing a GM badge option.

Also, will I be entered into the housing lottery with the current badge that I have purchased today even if it gets traded out for a GM badge at some point?

Thanks and sorry for the long read!
Mike

Posted by rong

GM Badges are allocated to your group's EO after your events have been approved. Once you see enough approved events to qualofy for a GM Badge, you'll need to request the GM Badge allocation. You'll then get a GM Badge you can assign to someone in your gaming group.

You'll need to get a 4-Day badge, in the mean time, to be able to access the housing portal when it opens. Once you pick up your GM badge, you can get the 4day badge refunded.

Posted by hendelbolaf

I thought that might be the case. So, once I submit my events for review and they are approved, then I should see an option for request Gm badge or something like that, correct?

Once I select that, my badge is refunded and I pick up the GM badge at the GM HQ. Meanwhile, my events and/or housing should transfer over to the newly issued GM badge, right?

I hope that is correct. Gen Con customer service has also replied to my email, so I will work with them to make sure I am on the right track as well.

Thanks!

Posted by mikeboozer hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
I thought that might be the case. So, once I submit my events for review and they are approved, then I should see an option for request Gm badge or something like that, correct?
Once I select that, my badge is refunded and I pick up the GM badge at the GM HQ. Meanwhile, my events and/or housing should transfer over to the newly issued GM badge, right?
I hope that is correct. Gen Con customer service has also replied to my email, so I will work with them to make sure I am on the right track as well.
Thanks!

We automatically refund 4 day badges for GM's starting sometime in early July.
Your GM badge must be assigned to your account before we will refund your 4-day badge.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder

You weren't able to select a shipping method for your badge because you are likely still listed as the primary contact for the organization you set up last year to request your GM badges, which means you are purchasing everything on behalf of the organization and all such purchases are at Will Call - they are not shipped out.

If you need things mailed, you need to send an email to ask to be removed from the organization so you can purchase what you need and then send another email to ask to be added back to the organization so you can assign GM badges, once those are ready.

And as a reminder, just note that GM badges at not automatic. You won't see a notice or a prompt to assign GM badges until you have requested them yourself (after your events are Active). You'll want to refer to the Event Host Policy for full details.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by hendelbolaf

Mike and Derek,

Your super-duper customer service team has already fixed it for me and I have my badge as normal and I have submitted my events for review so we are all good now. Once my events are accepted, then I will go through the GM badge request process.

Thank you guys for always being so prompt in handling customer issues. It really is amazing how great of a job you all do.

Thanks!

Posted by sgibson260

I plan to participate in the housing lottery, and I am the EO for Northern Virginia Gamers (NOVAG). I can't for the life of me figure out how to purchase a badge as myself (not as EO for my group). If I buy myself a four day badge as the NOVAG EO, will I still get a housing portal time?

Steve Gibson
Event Organizar
Northern Virginia Gamers (NOVAG)

Posted by hendelbolaf sgibson260

sgibson260 wrote:
I plan to participate in the housing lottery, and I am the EO for Northern Virginia Gamers (NOVAG). I can't for the life of me figure out how to purchase a badge as myself (not as EO for my group). If I buy myself a four day badge as the NOVAG EO, will I still get a housing portal time?
Steve Gibson
Event Organizar
Northern Virginia Gamers (NOVAG)
Contact customer service and they can unlink your EO status from your account and you can get a badge and just ask for a gamemaster badge later or compensation after the convention.

Posted by teach

I run events every year and my husband purchases my badge.  I do get it refunded after the con.  Is there a way I can pick my badge up in GM headquarters instead of in regular badge pick up. 

Posted by derekguder

No. Only GM badges can be picked up at GM HQ. If you have an attendee badge, you will need to pick it up at Will Call (or have it shipped to you, if you selected that option before).

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.