Camelot World Championship Tournament
Posted by sir wilfred of ivanhoe

Parker Brothers first introduced the board game Camelot in 1931, I would like to host the Camelot World Championship Tournament at the upcoming 2019 Gen Con.  How would I go about doing so and how do I see if there are players interested in participating?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Once event registration opens, some months from now, you can create the events you want to run the tournament.

As far as gauging interest, that’s a bit tougher.  You can post in these forums, but only a fraction of Gen Con attendees come here. Their Facebook or other social media may be a better way.

Ideally, if there is a site or other forums for Camelot, that would be the best location. Most of the people there would likely have some interest in the game, and you could see how many of them might be interested in a Gen Con event.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi Sir Wilfred,

Buffy is correct; we don't have any barriers to events, and anyone can submit events to Gen Con, which we will accommodate if possible, relevant to the convention, logistically feasible, etc. You'll want to review our Event Host Policy for details on how to run events; it hasn't yet been updated for 2019, but will be shortly, and there are not many substantive changes going in.

As for interest, that's really something you'll have to gauge on your own; you can definitely ask here, or on other social media, friends, whoever you think might be interested.  Certainly with an event we've never held before, the best thing to do is start small.  We can always add seats if need be, and, if there's little to no interest, we can also cancel the event.  So, review the EHP, gauge interest around social media, and then email [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.