Should I bother submitting an event this late?
Posted by anthrorob

Should I bother submitting an rpg event or two? Do many people still register for events (other than tournaments, etc) this late in the game? 

BTW, I am not looking for a GM badge, etc. because I already have a badge.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

You can no longer submit events; late event submission ended about 2 weeks ago (30 days before the Con).

Posted by derekguder

People do still register for events, but at this stage, the only things worth submitting are events that you know will fill, either because they're from the high-demand list or because you already know everyone who will get a ticket, basically.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Oh, I thought that people couldn't submit anymore.  That's good that someone can still get something in last minute.

Still waiting for my late events to get looked at...

Posted by derekguder

It's not a strict rule so much as a "If you submit within a month before the show, chances are we won't have time to look at it unless there is a special circumstance of some kind," and "all other instances of this game are sold out" would count as that.

I just went through all late games to at least Accept them, and once I can actually get through cancelations I'll be placing what late events I can fit.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by gib_rebeg

Another down side to submitting a late event, the books are already in the works and submitting this late, you may find your event not in the event book at the con.

Posted by austicke

No event listings will be in the program book this year.

Posted by anthrorob

No event listings will be in the program book this year?! Oh.  

Also, yes it would be for a sold out game that is in high demand.

Glad they’re leaving out the listings, they take up half the book. Will make it easier to schlep around this year.

The one thing they were useful for was to find a filler event by location & duration, if you were looking to kill an hour or two. I hope they add that feature to the search engine.

Posted by deadsaidfred

Anyone have a good guess on when the pdf version of the program should be posted?

Posted by austicke deadsaidfred

deadsaidfred wrote:Anyone have a good guess on when the pdf version of the program should be posted?

It's usually a couple days before the con. Last year it was published on Monday.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by s2gdsp

Not sure if this is the right spot, but it was the closest I've found.  Is it still possible to book time in the First Exposure Playtest Hall?  My team and I are all set to go, just need someone willing to take our money.  Any help, advice or redirection would be appreciated

It says the application deadline is 7/20, so looks like you can still get in.

Posted by s2gdsp

Thought I saw something about it being closed on the 11th?  If there are still spots available what's the work around, who should I contact? an thanks for the response dkrantz152

Well... it looks like the application went through, apparently chrome was a better choice than IE,  however still a bit concerned that I saw info saying it had closed early.  Really don't want to miss this opportunity after all the effort the team has put into this.  Seriously, Mods, GM's, Powers that be, I have a credit card in hand...   

Go to the FEHP tab under Experience. There are links to the policies doc and the application.

Posted by s2gdsp

Thanks again dkrantz152, looks like we've got a small amount of message lag.  I just want to make sure that if I'm waiting for email updates and info that someone on this end is actually aware and working it.  I'm certain Indianapolis is wonderful to visit, but sitting outside Gen Con on the sidewalk holding a game won't be near as much fun    

I’d say read the doc & fill out and submit the application today if possible. Then, follow-up by email if you don’t get a confirmation that your app was received.

Posted by s2gdsp

Thank you and DONE!  : )  soooo  who do I email?

[email protected] should work.  They should have sent you some confirmation when you submitted the app.

Posted by s2gdsp

T​hank you once again; all I got was a copy of the application. What should I expect next? 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post