communicating with players prior to GenCon
Posted by besktheblind

Hi, is there a way to communicate with players prior to GenCon?  I'd like to send out characters for them to review and a set of my d6 homebrew rules for one of my games.

thanks,
Adam

Posted by derekguder

When you submitted your event, that was a field for "Message to Registered Players" that you could use to send instructions or information to players.

There is no general way to email players after that - any communication has to be done manually by the Events team and is limited only to "absolutely required to run the game" information.

If you want to add a message to the event, just email us the details, but it will only go to tickets bought from that point onward.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by besktheblind

Thanks Derek!

Posted by hendelbolaf

I also thought it might be a simple bit of programming to have the players in an event click "event organizer can contact me" or something like that so that we could then have access to sending an email to their Gen Con account listed email address.

I have had players leave dice, sunglasses, you name it. I have to wait for them to contact me or find time to go to Event HQ, wait in line (not always a line, but sometimes), talk with one of the wonderful Gen Con staff, have them stop what they are doing to make a note to contact the player, then carry the item with me in the event the player contacts me. Not horrible, but it would be nice to just be able to direct or private message a person...

Posted by derekguder

I would like to add something like that the future, but we only have so much development time each year and a priority list a mile long. And almost nothing ends up being "a simple bit of programming" in the end, unfortunately.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.